LEOPARD Up-To-Date DVD Can't Install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thiago824, Oct 30, 2007.

1. thiago824 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Okay I received my copy of the Apple Leopard Upgrade System yesterday. I decided to 7 pass erase my hard drive and have a fresh install instead of an upgrade from Tiger to Leopard. Even though it says upgrade, from my past experience with Apple software, you could still have a fresh install even if the software was only for upgrade purposes.

Anyways, I am pretty much stuck where it says welcome, it will not let me start the install, it says I must have Tiger.

My question is, is there any other way around it so I will not need to install Tiger first? (some sorta code or something)

Any help will be appreciated.:eek:

Thanks...

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Think you are going to have to reinstall Tiger on the drive.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The disc needs to find 10.4 or higher on the Mac before it will install.

You could install Tiger on an external HDD and boot from that, then chose the internal disc as the target directory. Or, if you have another Mac running Tiger, you can boot the Mac with the blanked disc in target disc mode and install Leopard over firewire from the Mac running Tiger.

4. thiago824 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. I am using my MacBook Pro to install Tiger on my external hard drive. At first, I got the red exclamation point stating that I could not install Tiger on my external hard drive so I went to Disk Utility and partitioned it in GUI.

My system is now installing Tiger on my external drive, I will keep you guys updated to whether that will work or not.

Thanks for the help.

5. thiago824 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'm glad you are sorted.

There's lots of people on here who will give help when you need it :)