Leopard Up-To-Date - Ordered on 9/28, received on 10/2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by foxblaze, Oct 16, 2007.

1. foxblaze macrumors newbie

After reading the Leopard Up-to-Date details, it appears that only new purchases made October 1st or later are qualified.

Do I have any hope in getting a Leopard upgrade for $10 given that:
    • My invoice is for 9/28/07
    • Though I had 2-day shipping, shipment was delayed a couple days
    • I didn't receive my MBP until 10/2/07

Any advice? A friend of mine told me to go ahead and send in the forms and cross my fingers.

2. projectle macrumors 6502

I am sure that if you complain, you can get it all worked out.

It is a legitimate claim as until the computer was delivered to you, it was still "owned" by Apple, Inc. according to your shipping carrier.
    If the shipment were to be lost or stolen in mid-route, Apple, Inc. would be reimbursed for it and they would be responsible for delivering it to you.

It is only after you accept delivery for the shipped item that it becomes your property, according to the law.

3. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Probably not unless you speak to a sympathetic CSR. For Online Store purchases, Apple 'dates' your purchase on the day the machine shipped out from the factory. Looks like you just missed it. It's worth a call though to see if you can negotiate something. Good luck! :)

4. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Projectle- In regards to the law, I disagree...

The shipping carrier is a "3rd party" and is not Apple's "agent." Therefore, once Apple gives the computer to the shipping carrier, Apple technically has "delivered."

(Argument from law student, lol)

So, if Apple shipped on 9/28 (or anytime before 10/1), he probably won't be able to take advantage of the offer. However, I agree with the above poster that if you call and give them hassle, a supervisor (I'm sure.....) has the ability to give it to you for $10.

Good luck!

5. Tyinturru macrumors newbie

i bought mine on the 27th. it arrived after the 1st. i called and asked, and they said it was very strict policy. very frustrating for me, especially i was planning on waiting but it took so long for the announcement i just figured i should get the refurb, not knowing when it would be available after that date.

personally i don't see why they can't bend the rule a little. if someone cares enough to buy a nice expensive mac in the first place and it's that close... idk. i'm just bitter. i could have bought a pc for half the price... and now i have to pay $130.

6. Queso macrumors G4

Or stay on the still supported Tiger....

Put it this way. If you had bought a PC would you be running Vista or XP?

7. Guiltygugu macrumors member

ha, that sux, i bought my comp in an apple store on the 13th of september and qualified for a free leopard upgrade by registering and ordering online....

came super quick too, the monday right after launch-friday