Leopard Up-To-Date program?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bleuhhhh, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bleuhhhh macrumors newbie

I just called to 1-800-MY-APPLE to ask if Leopard would be pre-installed on iMacs tomorrow... And the guy tolded me that no, it would takes about 2 months... but he told me that the DVD would be in the package.. So, my question is to now if that DVD is the integral version, or it's just an update... So when you want to format, do you have to install first Tiger and after Leopard?? I'm not really understanding... New to Mac, my first tomorrow... :D

2. mm1250 macrumors 6502

It seems that even purchsaes after Oct 26 will still have Tiger installed. If you read the Apple site, it says all Mac Purchases from Oct 1 to Dec 31st quailify for the Up-To-Date program. If you purchase from a Apple reseller that shas old stock of Apple products in their wharehouse, its likely you will get a Tiger machine and will have to go online to the Apple site to apply for the update disk.

I'm sure Apple might take a few weeks after the 26th before you see Pre-installed Lepoard machines. This is again due to the current stock in the wharehouse that has Tiger. It's unknown if they are either going to slip the CD in with tiger machines or they are going to make you order online.

If you plan on ordering and want to wait till Lepoard is pre-installed. When going on the Apple site, it will show "Pre-installed" software/OS. Once they start to preload Lepoard it will say Lepoard as the OS vs. now it says Tiger.

Take a look here: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...e&mco=7B723646&node=home/shop_mac/family/imac

Look at the bottom right and you will see Included Sofware "Operating System"