Leopard up to date - serial used?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrT8064, Dec 9, 2007.

1. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

Hi, I have just bought a lovely new iMac purchased from (uk) Currys Digital, it only has Tiger, and no drop in leopard... so, i go onto the apple website where i tap in the date of purchase, serial number, where purchased etc,
    and i get a very offensive message: 'Serial already used'
    clearly the serial hasn't already been used as its new... i want leopard, please help!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. MrT8064 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

thanks, i will give it a try... but so many of those big call centers just have people reading of a script if you know what i mean!

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

True, at times but in all honesty if you didn't get what you were suppose to receive then you have to deal with Apple, the forums really can't help you here.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Call the AppleStore sales number. They are normally pretty helpful. Not sure if it's still this way but a couple of years back it seemed to be entirely staffed by yummy sounding Irish girls...

6. MrT8064 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

yummy irish girls i can tolerate, its random people in south asia that i find difficult!

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Go back to the store where you bought your computer and talk to the manager. If you really did purchase a new computer then there seems to be unprofessional or even illegal activities occurring in that store.

8. MrT8064 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

I gave apple a call, he the very helpful irish guy said that the iMac had been sitting in there shop since before october 1st, and therefore wasn't on their system for needing a leopard upgrade, he said, all i need to do is send in the receipt and £5.95 and they would send leopard right out to me.

9. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

...or at the very least, the store manager will be more than helpful with your issue :)