leopard upgrade discount?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slug420, Jun 14, 2007.

1. slug420 macrumors regular

Any knowledge or speculation regarding apple offering discounts on leopard to people who just bought a mac with tiger? Just wondering if apple has ever done anything like this.

I know they probably dont know anything about it but I went into one of those chat-with-a-salesman person and told them i bought my mac pro a week ago (which i did) and wanted to know if i was eligibile for a free or discounted upgrade to leopard when it comes out....they said i would get an email when it was released...whatever that means

2. barkins macrumors regular

barkins

Yeah, I don't think they will offer any sort of discoutned upgrade version. They haven't offered one since 10.0.... :rolleyes:

3. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Generally Apple will announce a release date (October 1, for example) about two weeks from that date. If you purchase a computer after the announcement, but before the release, you get an upgrade discount or free copy (I don't recall which). Other than that, you're SOL.

4. 66217 Guest

I think they only give a 10-day free upgrade.

So you are out of luck here.:(

5. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Yeah, I doubt they'll offer discounted upgrades. Maybe if you bought your new Mac a week before Leopard is released, but nah. It's not like it's expensive or anything ;)

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Anyone have any guesses on whether the educational discount on Leopard will be the same as it is now ($69)?

7. 66217 Guest