Leopard Upgrade Interest ( any upgrade issues)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dimacuser, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dimacuser macrumors newbie

Greeting Ya'll,
    I am a video editor running Tiger and Final Cut Studio Ver. 5. Iam interested in upgrading to Leopard and wandering there are any incompatibilityissues or conflicts in regards to the operations e.g plugins etc, set within Tiger in comparision to leopard. Apart from that, will all application currently working with Tiger also work with leopard? Has anyone come across any upgrade issues or crashes?

2. sethro macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently purchased Leopard via my University and got it reasonable cheaper than what it costs at the Apple Store. I kept Leopard installed on my Macbook for about two weeks, and recently I've come back to Tiger. Here are some of my observations:

- Your editing software should function under Leopard, but you might find it slow at times.

- Dock animations such as auto hide and the minimizing effects are very "choppy" and not as smooth and flowing as Tiger

- Shut down seems to take longer than it did, but startup was faster.

- Disk Utility options like "Verify / Repair Permissions / Disk" are painfully slow, these options make the fans come on at full speed.

- You can no longer search for file extension in Spotlight like you could in Tiger ( by typing only file types like ".jpeg" )

Hopefully Apple will address some of these issues in the 10.5.2 update.

I hope this helped.

3. dimacuser thread starter macrumors newbie

ur analysis

Hey seth thanks for ur analysis, all those functions u mention are core to my operations and as such cannont be eliminated. I cannot for some fancy do daaah updgrade to an os that is at it's best wrking quite fine.