leopard upgrading issues!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bored911, Nov 25, 2007.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

ok so i just finished leopard and i was all excited but now i'm really dissapointed. Mostly about the dock, i can't move items around, and it's really starting to bother me. Also, stacks doesn't work at all, i have one that is a line, and it goes off to the side of the screen, and it doesn't move even if i go somewhere else on the dock, it stays there. is this normal? thanks

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

clean

i would just clean install...i did the upgrade and i had issues it tries to override some of the tiger files and fails

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

try trashing the dock plist from the ~/library/preferences folder, log out, then back in

maybe copy the original to a flash drive or email it to yourself first

4. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

ok so i'm about to do the plist thing but i think that it is shapeshifter, but i can't access it because it just says cannot load shapeshifter preference pane

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow, I'll save you the trouble but there are numerous threads about Shapeshifter jacking up Leopard installations. At this point you are best to back up everything and do a full erase, reformat and install and I'll bet you will have very little issues if not at all. I wouldn't reinstall Shapeshifter yet until the developer has officially announced full Leopard support.

I also did a clean install and I have had zero issues with Leopard.

6. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

thanks, will just uinstalling shapeshifter do anything, because i have to wait a week to get my external back (it's on loan)

7. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Uninstalling it should do it but make sure you also uninstall all of Ape including all library levels.

8. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

well it says it uninstalled shapeshifter but it's still in the pref panes window and i can't get rid of it, any idea what to do? when i ctrl click and hit remove it says could not remove because an error occured

9. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Take a look at this and follow the instructions and you will be home free :)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=375444
    It worked for me when I first installed 10.5