Leopard very unstable here - Expose, apps freezing, not launching

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sigamy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Well, I've had more problems with Leopard in two weeks than I've had with any other version of OS X over four years.

Leopard is very unstable on my iMac C2D 2.16Ghz (the last white iMac).

Expose is very buggy, it simply won't select the highlighted window, the highlight will jump from one window to another and dance around. Very annoying, this feature has seemed to go down hill since intro in 10.3. In 10.4 we got lower resolution window renders and now it just doesn't work for me. It doesn't happen every time but it has happened at least 10 times.

I also have more apps just locking up, going no where. And I'm talking about iLife apps, Safari, and Activity Monitor! I've had AM refuse to launch when other apps are misbehaving. Again, I'm not running anything crazy, maybe Transmit and Taco HTML.

Force Quit doesn't do much at all when these apps go to no man's land.

Mounting disk images has also caused problems, they just take forever.

Anyone else have these issues?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Leopard is the most stable initial release of OSX I've used so far.
    Some minor quirks in functionality, but nothing like the bugs you're experiencing.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

If I ever gonna update, I would do clean install, after backing up my data. There never been a smooth update in my experience, of any OSes, windows, Linux, and looks like OSX as well.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Agreed. I generally don't do upgrades, I would rather clean out the drive ... backup the data, wipe and install. Now matter what, you end up with out of date libraries lingering around that cause you some grief in the end.

6. Hobbit macrumors member

I have similar problems on my brand new santa rosa macbook which had preinstalled leopard.

Applications freezing, force quitting doesn't do much.

I just hope an update to fix these bugs is coming out soon.