Leopard Video Crash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nitrogen7, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Nitrogen7 macrumors newbie

i have done some research online and it seems that Powerbook G4s on 10.5.2 are having issues with freezing constantly (As mine is). And people have been saying it's due to a video issue that overloads the system under heavy media (games, movies, etc). Someone told me to reinstall and skip the LGP (some video thing) update, and it fixed for him.

Can anyone confirm this?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

My buddy has a Powerbook 17" G4 running 10.5.2 and plays videos all the time. He rips his DVD's, watches YouTube videos and movie downloads from iTunes and not once has he had an issue with Leopard and video playback. I am his I.T so I would know if he ever had issues.
    Accuse me of policing if you will but you and your bro are seriously violating the EULA by sharing Mac OS X install disks.

3. Nitrogen7 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about that.

well the rams installed are Kingston KVR333So, could this be the issue at hand?

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

How did the system operate before installing Leopard? If it ran fine with the previous version of OS X then the ram won't be the problem although hardware failure could occur at any time. Being that it's a video display issue defective ram won't affect that.
    Yes, it may be a good idea to back up your stuff and completely erase and install Leopard.

5. Nitrogen7 thread starter macrumors newbie

About 5 of these messsages were on the log before hardbooting.

3/22/08 10:46:54 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[207] objc[207]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch.

6. Nitrogen7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have restarted on safe mode and restarted back onto normal

ran disk permission fix

still freezes after 10-15 minutes of video intensive work (Quicktime movie, WoW)

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Were you going to take the advice and reformat and install?