leopard video thumbnails, quicktime pro etc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Toby Goodbar, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

in coverflow mode, .flc, .avi and .mov thumbnails are not displayed. do i need additional software or codecs installed? if i try to play them in coverflow they will show black. after installing the xvid codec, the movie plays, but no sound

the funny thing is that some of the .avi i watched on VLC will display a thumbnail, but they won't play

2. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

macrumors forums used 2 be a lot better place. the help has really gone 2 garbage here. out of my last 6 or more threads ive only gotten 1 reply. real shame.

anyway after contless hours over the days since i posted this, on google and booting back and forth between my tiger and leopard system, i found the answer.

so to yall in the future doing a search, here it is.

DOWNLOAD PERIAN.

it has its own website or find it on version tracker. it transforms quicktime into almost as good a viewer as VLC. its a preference plane that will load itself automatically into system preferences and load codec packs. it installs itself by double clicking. and uninstalls itself (idk why you would want to) by using spotlight to drag it into trash. its a GREAT little item i had forgotten it was installed on my tiger system!