Leopard - Videos sped up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pyrus, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Pyrus macrumors member

Since installing Leopard on my Mac, I've noticed that occasionally my videos play faster than they should, but the sound carries on at normal speed. Happened in Quicktime, Front Row and iTunes. Just wondering if anyone else has had this?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It's happened to me before but only on Flip4Mac related files (wmv, etc). I just kill the window and then retry and it usually sorts it out. I figure the Flip4Mac team needs to update for Leopard but at least it's working for now.

3. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

You may want to wait for the next version of the video Player...
    What probably happened (which is a good thing) that OS X handles video better so the calculation for frames per minutes probably get messed up...

4. rjfiske macrumors regular

me too

Definitely happens to me. What's irritating is that there's no rhyme or reason. Some do, then they don't. Others don't for awhile, then they do. It's happend for me on videos that are .mov, .m2v. It's happened in Quicktime Player and in Frontrow.

ALL videos for me so far have played fine in the finder (not in Quicklook... just in the finder). Very odd. I'm for sure waiting for an update. aaargh.

rjf

5. boogieman macrumors regular

To fix this on my macbook I cleared out the codec's in my quicktime folder in library and the reinstalled them with fresh downloads and my problem was fixed. Hope that may help you out. (I didnt have to do this on my macpro as it continued to work)