Leopard vs flat panel

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mindingulove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mindingulove macrumors member

i have an old imac G4 with 700 mhz. i installed leopard on it with leopard asset it all went well except one think, screen becomes dark after wake from sleep. i googled around and discovered was a bug from leopard with the geforce 2mx kexts. i also saw i have to replace them with the tiger kexts, but im afraid of loosing quartz extreme. anyone has come across this problem? is there any solution? or replacing the kext will work?

thx :)

2. mindingulove thread starter macrumors member

well i have the osx tiger dvd but i dont wanna lose my osx leopard install any way of getting the kexts trough dvd? or even downloading them at internet?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Look into Pacifist to extract the kexts. You may be able to extract a newer version of the Tiger kexts from the 10.4.11 combo update.

4. mindingulove, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

mindingulove thread starter macrumors member

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20071214143723301
    well as said here i replaced kexts but mac freezes on apple logo at the spinning :(
    booted in verbose and said that there was an error with apple hda but i didint even touch this kext and sound worked previously

edit repaired permissions it booted, but with those kexts no quartz extreme however sleep is back