Leopard Vs. Vista

Discussion in 'macOS' started by D-macdude, Dec 13, 2007.

1. D-macdude macrumors newbie

I am an avid mac user and love macs and the way they work way over PC's and Windows. Recently, however, my roommate blatantly insulted me by saying that Vista can do everything leopard can and it came out 6 months before Leopard. How do I reply to that. I know its not true but how do I prove him wrong? Thanks guys

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

You don't. You let him be, and believe anything he wants to.

Because nothing he says is going to change you, and nothing you say will change him. He'll switch eventually :)

3. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

There really are an awful lot of threads like this here.

I for one wouldn't say anything. Just enjoy your Mac knowing that it's likely to be better than his Vista box, and let him think what he wants.

EDIT: Yeah, what Scarlet Fever said.

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

You just say "It's a computer, I would hope it can do everything you want it to."

5. eyemac74119 macrumors member

remind him of the 20 million (exaggrated) iruses for a pc and the fact that a lot of old hardware doesnt work with vista ...... like printers software or perefifilae's

the the fact that a mac everything just works:D:p:cool:;):):eek::(:rolleyes::confused::eek::mad::mad::mad:

6. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Ask him what happened to the the world changing database file system we were promised and hope he doesnt know anything about ZFS.

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

How about a suggestion from a non-fanboy?

Don't get into an argument with a fanboy-regardless of which operating system he runs. Just nod, and go back to doing whatever you were doing on your computer. Eventually, he'll do the same. Note: this applies equally when dealing with Apple fanboys.

8. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

I personally love arguing with linux fanboys and telling them how BSD is better and watch them get flustered to no end. :D

Disclaimer: I know only enough about BSD to know linux guys don't want to hear about it.

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

And people joke about Steve Jobs' Reality Distortion Field? Your roomie needs a piss test, fast. His short-term memory is shot, unless he's about four years old...