Leopard windows drop shadow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applefan69, Feb 29, 2008.

1. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I noticed this sorta neat thing about the drop shadow on the windows in Leopard.

[​IMG]

In that screen, as you can see the finder window in the middle has a VERY dark, and VERY heavy drop shadow.

What is different about that particular window? It's simple, there is about 20+ other finder windows DIRECTLY underneath that window.

I know this is no breakthrough featuring or GUI improvement, I just find it cool, how the drop shadow to a window increases when there is lots of windows beneath it, cause it sorta makes THAT window seem to be sticking out more, whihc makes sense cause if there is tons of windows underneath it, you simply think of it as a pile where it appears to stick out more and more.

Only problem is the window that is above the really thickly shadowed window, is shadowed regularily, which pretty much kills the effect of that window sticking out. Also one thing I should note, is ALL the windows underneath have to be set in pretty mcuh the EXACT same spot.

Anyways I dont think anyone had noticed this yet before me, so I thought I'd take a screenshot and show/tell you guys, simply cause its sorta neat.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Wow, that is pretty cool - I've never heard of anyone doing this before! Thanks for sharing! ^^

3. houzemuzikonly macrumors newbie

that happens to me too in Windows Vista...lol:D

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yup ive seen this before. just click the Finder dock icon and keep on pressing cmd+N, youll eventually see it. then activate Exposé and option click the close button on one of the Finder buttons! ;)