Leopard wont SMB share to Xbox Media Center (XBMC)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Anarchy99, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

i have a a modded Xbox with XBMC. In Tiger i used SharePoints to enable sharing of folders to my Xbox.
    With Leopard SharePoints dos not work anymore.
    I tried to set up the same rules using the improved sharing preferences in Leopard but it dpesnt work.
    XBMC says "error -1073741772 share not available"
    anyone have any ideas on a fix?

2. cb31 macrumors member

3. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

I have never connected my xbox to any of my PCs, and I have not even bought my mac yet, but I remember reading about a program that allows you to watch movies and listen to music from either machine.

This is the program. It is called Connect360, but I do not know if there is a free version of it. Give it a try and let me know.

Also, there seems to be a download from the apple website.

If it works out, let me know because I definately want to use it with my MBP.

4. caseysousa macrumors newbie

Yes, I've just installed Connect360 on my iMac and it works pretty well with my Xbox360. I had to install a free update on the Xbox to get it to play .mp4 files, so make sure you do that. The only annoyance I've noticed so far is that I have subfolders setup with titles to hold certain TV shows and movies, but when viewing the files on the Xbox, it just lists all the titles in one long list. Kinda lame, but maybe there's a setting I'm missing somewhere.