Leopard works fine for me... how about you?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cornopaez, Dec 9, 2007.

1. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

I don't want to sound like a fanboy :eek:, but with the exception of a few glitches here and there before 10.5.1, Leopard does the job quite nicely. I have to admit that I don't do any complex stuff in my MB; the most computing demanding program I have is Finale 2006 (just cause it runs on Rosetta, still.)

How about you?

2. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

My Leopard is working fine too. So is my year-old MacBook Pro. :)

3. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

4. iBunny macrumors 65816

Leopard is good over here too; however, I have witnessed on every Mac with Leopard that Secure Empty Trash freezes with alot of files, and does not complete. This is the only minor issue.

But <3 Leopard. ITs much faster on my Machine than Tiger was.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Smooth for me on a 12" PB. I quite like it actually. There are a few things I wish they'd fix (Stacks, Time Machine sluggishness) but for the most part I'm happy with it.

6. djellison macrumors 68020

Safari crashes quite often ( usually one or twice a day ) and is a lot slower than Firefox ( if Firefox and Quicktime would get on better, I'd drop Safari in a second ).

It's taken me a month to get networking working.

I don't use spaces, I don't trust time machine, I don't like stacks, my keyboard freezes, and I've got the dock set to be like Tiger was.

I'm starting to wonder what the point in Leopard is - if I could easily go back to Tiger - I would.

It's 'OK' - but it's not great and certainly not an improvement. I'm actually delaying buying an MBP because I want to see Leopard get to a ..2 or ..3 release before giving Apple £1600. My Macbook will do fine for now.

This is all just my experience of it. Others are loving it and I'm not going to disagree with them - I just don't get the same experience they do.

Doug

7. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Leopard has been working fine for me since the developer builds of WWDC.

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

Works fine for us on four Macs (two MBP, one MB, one Mac Pro). No crashes, no keyboard problems, no Safari crashes (although two of the machines use FireFox). I haven't put it on my wife's G4 Powerbook because she doesn't care and it works fine for her needs using Tiger.

Leopard isn't the holy grail - I don't know what the "300 new features" could be but I doubt that any of us are using many of them - but for us Leopard been as reliable and stable as one would expect an OS to be. Certainly several notches above Windows XP, which I use at work, and on two of our Macs (one via Parallels and one via Boot Camp).

9. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I'm moving back to Tiger right now, actually.

Leopard has not worked for me.

Tiger now whoops it's @$$ speed-wise. (fresh install vs fresh install)

Go figure.

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Leopard's awesome for me 2!! To the OP: You are not being a fanboy (hate that word) just because you are happy with Leopard and your Mac. Some of the posters that have issues get mad when people like us state that everything works great on our Macs because misery loves company and they would rather you have issues like they do.
    Great to see things are working good for you. :)

11. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Installed Leopard on Friday, so far so good.

Only problem I had was with Airport Utility not detecting my ABS (Snow). Copied Airport Admin Utility over from my Tiger image and now all is sorted. Haven't bothered with Spaces or Time Machine yet.

Oh right, I thought Leopard was supposed to add two finger click to the trackpad on PowerBooks but I don't see the option.

12. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

I've read plenty of threads here about complains and I was kind of tired of it (not complaining about the threads, thou. Most of them are about troubleshooting and that's what these forums are for :rolleyes:). I just wanted to know if there was really people who like Leopard so far with their every day chores and what not...

Keep your opinions coming!

P.S.: I hate that word too :D

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Fantastic operating system on 2.33 C2D - I am 100% satisfied. My friend is having external firewire problems on his 'media center mini' but all 3 other Apple's are working great!

14. Alloye macrumors 6502a

15. giganten macrumors 6502a

Works fine here too, but I did install it yesterday. :D

16. match311 macrumors member

No complaints really from me. The only thing i did not like was the color of the 3-D dock, but I have had fun messing with it and tweaking it with freeware and downloads.

17. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

p-p-p-perfect. :)

18. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Overall, Leopard is great. Every now and then I have issues with SMB mounts. It's like leopard forgets they're mounted, then I can't mount or unmount them without a reboot. It's strange.

Oh, and the bluetooth lockup problem is still there, too. BT DUN > Cellphone, then put the computer to sleep and try to wake it back up... it never comes back.

Leopard is great, though!

19. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

Apart from my AirDisk vanishing after each reboot, it's fine.

20. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Leopard works just fine for me, too (3 machines) and I use two of those machines _very_ heavily (XCode, Adobe Creative Suite, VMWare Fusion and a handful of other apps).

It has to be said that Leopard has been by far the smoothest OS upgrade I've ever done - had no issues at all apart from an active directory binding problem pre 10.5.1 (and that wasn't hard to work around).

21. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Great for me, I just wish Candybar could customise the side dock, and repairing disk permissions worked...

22. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Other than Time Machine not supporting AirDrives, Leopard works beautifully for me.

23. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Leopard's new features work great, but it (like any new OS) is prone to early stability issues that come with being a less mature product. At the end of its reign, Tiger was over two years old. Tiger is completely rock-solid. Leopard is close, and will get there with time.

24. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Leopard is running much better for me than I thought it would on my 867 MHz 12" PB with 640 MB RAM and 100 GB HDD. Spotlight takes a couple seconds to load my search and coverflow takes a couple seconds to load previews, but otherwise only small headaches (e.g. locked up during install while installing some printer drivers, epson I think). I haven't tried Time Machine yet, and iTunes, as well as Finder have quit on me a couple times, but no total system crashes. I did do a clean install, btw.

edit: Actually another headache was that Panther synced and connected to the internet just fine with my Motorola V262, while Leopard didn't recognize it when I plugged it in. I played hell figuring out how to get it to work, but now that it does it works well.

25. crisuno macrumors newbie

It works cool for me so far, but the only thing I've noticed is that it seems like it's slower getting online now, Tiger was faster to me.......

Any help???

I checked my network, and it says that it's workin fine.......

so.........

Cris.