leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rweakins, Jul 10, 2007.

1. rweakins macrumors 6502

rweakins

not sure how this will work but when leopard comes out how will it work for current mac users.
    1. will they be given a discount on the software or will it just be a normal price or what?
    2. when you install the new OS will your files and all be transferred safely?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

1. No, the only people who may get a discount are the people who buy a new mac between the announcement of the official release date and the release date.

2. You can upgrade to Leopard without any kind of reinstalling or file loss, although it is always advisable to make a backup beforehand, just in case.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

1. No discount unless you bought a mac after they have officially released the next OS.
    2. You can select the archive and install option and everything will be there inside the new OS when you boot up but always advisable to backup beforehand

4. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

5. Alloye macrumors 6502a

$129

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Price has been announced as $129 for a single computer license. No word on an educational discount yet, but Tiger was $69 with educational discount.

7. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

i assume they'll aslo have the student discount for leopard correct?

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

See my earlier post

9. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

while it fine and dandy to upgrade the operating system, it can cause some problems. not just OS X, but any OS. I really do recommend a backup, find your install disks, and install on a reformatted drive.