Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riskybusiness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I just exchanged my base model MBP for a new one because the drive was broken or something... and the guy there said that it comes with Leopard. The one I just exchanged was Leopard, but this one isn't. Now what should I do? The whole reason I had to exchange it was because I couldn't install my Win XP because of the drive. And now Tiger doesnt have Boot Camp, I know I can download it, but I just don't understand. Is there anything I can do?
I think I remember someone saying that you could send in this form thing and you would only pay shipping and handling charges, but don't you have to wait like 8 weeks or something? I was hoping do be able to use Win XP TONIGHT. Thanks for the help.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
A new unit off the floor? ...Are you sure a Leopard disk isn't in the box? If it doesn't come with Leopard pre-installed or on a disk, this unit is really old.

If this is the case, call Apple tomorrow, and tell them about the problem.

riskybusiness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Oh yessss. You were right. There are 2 Mac OS X install disks and a "CPU drop in DVD". Which on do I use?

DukeofAnkh

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
Or take it back to the shop and tell them they lied and there is no Leopard. But first check in the box for an upgrade DVD.

Put the disk in and install. You can either boot from the disk or put it in while logged into Tiger and hit the obvious install buttons. Use the upgrade disk not the two restore disks.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
You want the disk that says "CPU drop in DVD" - it should be printed with the leopard pattern.

Just pop it in and it should be pretty self-explanatory from there. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.