Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Am unclear what this is for sorry.

Will it help me with my iMac G5 running Leopard as well or is to get Leopard onto unsupported machines only?

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Glad to see a update! I am one to look at an old project I worked on years back and decide to pull it out and make it so much better then the previous.

Nice work!

Also it looks like I need to make a tutorial about installing Leopard with a 800MHz iMac G4 soon :D

Last edited:

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Unsupported machines.

ah right suspected, but wasn't sure - thanks for confirming.

In that case full credit where credits due - not many people around who would put that effort in for the love of it and to the benefit the apple PPC community - much respect :cool:

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I can say from my testing that it's a rock-solid version.

Other than:

1. Doesn't work on Jaguar (although you already know that now.)
2. Certain systems require being on their latest firmware first. I don't know if there's any way for you to procedurally check for that, or if that would be a royal pain in the @$$ to implement... But a warning would be good. (I found this out on my Cube.)

On a Panther-or-later system on its latest firmware, it works great!

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
And how well does it run on unsupported machines? I mean, Leopard runs well enough on my maxed 1.67Ghz PBG4, and even there, its just barely fast enough for normal use.

Don't get me wrong, its an amazing piece of software, I just don't get the point of it if say, my iBG4 (800) is too slow do use afterwards.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
And how well does it run on unsupported machines? I mean, Leopard runs well enough on my maxed 1.67Ghz PBG4, and even there, its just barely fast enough for normal use.

Don't get me wrong, its an amazing piece of software, I just don't get the point of it if say, my iBG4 (800) is too slow do use afterwards.

On my iMac G4 - 800 MHz, Leopard is just as usable as Tiger.

On my G4 Cube - 450 MHz, Leopard is slightly slower, but since it can run newer software, it becomes "more usable."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.