Leopard's interface inconsistencies - in light of MobileMe

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pad07, Jun 16, 2008.

1. pad07 macrumors regular

Anyone else find it annoying how MobileMe has a very consistent, but DIFFERENT interface to OS X?

Note:

[​IMG]

I wish Apple would sort out Leopard, Aqua is clearly dead looking at their apps. Yet it remains for the buttons and scrollbars in Leopard.

2. Adrian3300 macrumors member

I think this is because not everyone who uses Mobileme will be a mac user. But I am with you. I wish it were all consistent with OS X.

3. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I remember people complaining about Panther's inconsistencies, brushed metal interface when iTunes and other apps were going for the aluminium/grey plastic look.

I still like Aqua, but agree it has slowly been replaced by something a little more grown up. Apple just don't seem to want to let go entirely yet.

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Well maybe they're just prepping us for the day that Aqua dies. ;)
    I wouldn't mind seeing the MobileMe style coming in, it's nicer than iLife look everyone's been touting as Aqua's successor.

5. kolax macrumors G3

I love Aqua. Its colourful and bright.

Not sure if I'm ready for a switch to the plainness.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I'll be happy with Aqua gone.
    It served its purpose in 2000 — it grabbed attention and "wow". It was really nice looking compared to OS9…

But I think something a bit more "grown up" is the way forward with Apple. :)

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Windows Vista and Aero have only just caught up with the wow of Aqua. Apple need to move on to keep one step ahead of Redmond's photocopiers.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes i can agree with this. although the 'subdued' look that is going on in MobileME and the iPhone aren't the best for a working environment. there still needs to be a bit more pop or difference on the highlighting. imo.

9. kabunaru Guest

Do you guys think that 10.5.4 will have that new interface?

10. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Nahh, saving it for Snow Leopard I'd say. In their eyes, it's a 'new feature' and so as such will prove an incentive to upgrade.
    I may be wrong, but I don't know them updating the GUI with a .x release before.

11. kamiboy macrumors 6502

I fully agree. It was hard enough to see Leopard making parts of the OS interface much more dull looking, no more please.