Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong but, why hasn't Apple updated the Scroll Bars and Progress Bars STILL in Leopard? They look WAY out of place in the refreshed and cleaner looking OS. They're still big and blurry and now the ends are even chopped off just a pixel or 2 short. It's a visual eye sore.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Hopefully the grey ones on this page will come in the GM...

Those are cool! I'm sick of Aqua already. I also noticed that on Apple's website... such as the iPod touch page has a really nice looking "Order Now" button. I wish Leopard had more of an interface like the iPhone/iPod Touch.... now THAT'S a clean interface. Notice the volume control slider looks like a sharp clean aqua progress bar??? Why aren't they like this in Leopard?

http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/gallery/images/07_large20070905.jpg
http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/gallery/images/02_large20070905.jpg

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I agree. I have my fingers crossed for a much-needed last minute change. If it doesn't make it into GM, then oh well...

But there are many features that make Leopard worth the price tag.

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
They will make it into the final release. We're also going to have more then blue and graphite colours. :)

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I give 3 days from Leopard's release for a theme hack.

Yeah right. With Leopards vectorized GUI... I doubt there will be an easy fix for that. Everything in Leopard is now UI Resolution Independent so how are we gonna theme it?

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
I have no problems with Aqua. In fact I still like my blue scroll bar and gum drop buttons in my browsers. While I love the look of Apples pro apps, I don't know that I'd like to see that as a universal theme for Mac OS.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
They will make it into the final release. We're also going to have more then blue and graphite colours. :)

I seriously doubt it. There isn't much more work that they are going to be able to have time to do. If they were going to change the scroll bars, they would have done it long ago while updating them to be vector-based graphics.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Yeah right. With Leopards vectorized GUI... I doubt there will be an easy fix for that. Everything in Leopard is now UI Resolution Independent so how are we gonna theme it?

Someone with more free time than they know what to do with will figure it out.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I thought resolution independence was removed from Leopard just like it was removed from Tiger?

Hombre

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2007
I thought resolution independence was removed from Leopard just like it was removed from Tiger?

It was never meant to be shiped with Leopard. On WWDC 2006 Apple stated, that the resolution independent interface won't be ready for Leopard, but will probably ship in 2008/2009. It was mentioned on one of the free video sessions from WWDC 2006 that covered UI design.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
that's funny...not what I read quite a long time ago...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/06/10/24/resolution_independence_in_leopard_confirmed_by_apple.html

It was included with Tiger for dev testing and to set up for the next version of OS X to be fully resolution independent...Leopard was supposed to have a scalable UI for the high-res displays coming down the pipe...

Just because they didn't make it user switchable... doesn't mean that it's not there. When the time comes for higher resolution displays... we will all be thankful that Apple took the time to get this ready.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
When the time comes for higher resolution displays... we will all be thankful that Apple took the time to get this ready.

It is already a problem. My current monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1200 and that makes text size a real issue.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.