Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/28/AR2010112804165.html?hpid=topnews

Bummer. :( The Naked Gun movies didn't do much for me, but I loved him in Airplane!

airplane_leslie_nielson.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Was literally about to post this!

So sad but all the greats have to go sometime. :(

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Shirley you must be kidding.

:p

:(
He is one of the many that I think die too early, they shouldn't die at all and should keep on living and keep on bringing memorable past and future moments to us all.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
A multi-talented actor. You will be missed. RIP.

"A hospital? What is it?" a flight attendant asks, inquiring about the illness.

"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now," Nielsen deadpans.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
What a great comic he was. I laugh just thinking about him. Sorry to see him go.

My favorite scene is where he goes to the bathroom at a press conference with a hot mic. God that was funny.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I was flying back to Canada one time, and he was up at the front of the plane. I forget now which movie he had just done, but he had the jacket on. I desperately wanted to go and shake his hand.... but didn't want to intrude. It wasn't until we had de-planed that I finally thought of the perfect line that would have made him chuckle (and perhaps gotten me an autograph).

"Excuse, but aren't you - - the brother of the deputy Prime Minister of Canada?" (which was true at the time)

Sorry to see him go...

Statik

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2004
He'll be missed. Very versatile actor. One of my favourite movies is still "Men With Brooms", which has Mr. Nielsen in a more serious role.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
When I first met my wife she hated the naked guns series and airplane.
Then she watched them with me and denied she liked them. Of course the giggling told me different.
Now every once in a while she will throw out a quote from one of the movies and it catches me off guard.

These movies are very entertaining and fun.

Thanks for the laughs, you'll be missed, RIP sir.

I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader.
(I spit my drink all over the guy in front of me)

MrMoore

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
Arlington Heights,IL
I loved "Airplane" when it first came out. Even after repeating viewing, I would catch a joke I didn't notice before.

Leslie was also so funny in the "Naked Gun" film. That baseball scene still cracks me up!

Hey Look! It's Enrico Pallazzo!

You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This
woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

A hospital? What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
So long and thanks for all the laughs. Police Squad re-watch for me tonight.

RIP

"You take a chance getting up in the morning, crossing a street or sticking your face in a fan."

(After breaking into a dancer's dressing room)
Exotic Dancer "Is this a bust or what?"
Frank Drebin "Very impressive, ma'am. But that's not why we're here."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.