Less apps the better?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BreadedVirus, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BreadedVirus macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en_US) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have heard that the less apps you have on the Touch, the faster it will run. How true is this?

2. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I have lots of apps on my iPhone. It runs fine, but sometimes benefits from a hard reset every few weeks.

Hold down the Home button then also hold down the power button until you get the slider to turn off the device. Turn off, then turn on again.

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

My Gen2 Touch is getting pretty laggy, and have been deleting the robust apps. Except Infinity Blade & Numbers.

4. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

The iPod touch is simply a slow device no matter how you cut it. All those tricks to improve the speed of the device are all meaningless. You payed $200+ for a device that should work as advertised. There is no need for you or anyone to have to do these performance tweaks. The problem is iOS 5 on the A4, Apple giving the iPod touch only 256mb of ram and the fact that the A4 chip is getting rather outdated.

The only hope is for Apple to increase the performance on iOS 6. iOS 5 increased the performance a bit on the iPod touch which goes to show that this iPod has had this performance issue since iOS 4.

Seeing Apple is very conservative when upgrading the iPod touch, I expect an A5 (not an A5X) and 512mb of ram on new iPod touch... If it even gets upgraded.