Less Bass in iPhone 7 Speakers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vihzel, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Vihzel macrumors 6502

So I was testing out the speakers on my iPhone 6 and iPhone 7, and does anyone else have more tinny sounding speakers in the iPhone 7? I feel like there's a lack of oomph when compared to my iPhone 6. I don't know if it's a defect or if that's just an effect of going stereo speakers in the iPhone 7.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Absolutely, yes. I was just talking about this with a coworker. I mentioned it as one of the reasons I'm planning on returning my 7. He asked for a demonstration and then played something with his 6. "Tinny" was the exact term we settled on while the 6 had a more "rich" sound.

I noticed it right away because I have my phone sitting on my desk playing music throughout the day. It's louder but definitely does not sound better.

3. FoxD macrumors 6502

Man, I will have to test this out. I have always loved the sound from the 6 Plus with the v2 Apple headphones. Plenty of bass. Not good if it's tinier sound now...

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Have you tried adjusting with the equalizer?

5. Vihzel thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I have not tested it with headphones. I'm sure it's just fine if you use headphones. I'm talking about the phone speakers themselves.

I have not tried adjusting the equalizer but I guess I should now that the sound quality to me is not as good on the iPhone 7 as it is on the iPhone 6. I never felt the need to use an equalizer on the iPhone 6.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i never thought the speakers were great to begin with. i was looking forward to the iPhone 7 stereo speakers to change that. guess not.

7. Vihzel thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah me too. :/ Ahh well, guess I'll just have to keep staying connected to my bluetooth speakers.