Less battery time with watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacLilja, Jul 4, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

Is anyone else experience that the iPhone's battery is draining faster with the watch? I have only had mine for a day but so far it looks like the battery is running emoty faster than before I had my watch.

2. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

The watch uses the iPhones CPU to do most of its processing, think of the watch as a second screen for the phone at the moment, so it is normal to see slightly more battery drain if you have a watch paired with that phone.

3. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

Not very noticable for me.
    My iPhone 6 still lasts like 2 days mostly.

4. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Yeah same here, after the initial excitement and playing around with the watch has worn of it really doesn't make a huge difference, especially on the 6 and 6+ with the better battery life.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Not mine. My phone is coming home with 10-15% more power left at the end of the day. I believe the backlight to the iPhone uses more power than any other part of the phone and the watch is, without a doubt, replacing me pulling out my phone many times a day.

6. papbot macrumors 6502

Yes that is quite noticeable. Initially you're playing around with the settings for the watch and each time you launch the watch app on the phone you'll notice the Bluetooth icon flash a bit showing that it is connecting to the watch so both the phone and watch will drain a little.

But once most of the tinkering is done I have days when my phone stays at 100% battery for hours after removing it from the charger because it's the watch that gets all the notifications and texts.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Yep, my 6+ is still at 100% at 3.75 hours after leaving the charger. That is after a two hour walk

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I used to get nearly two days battery life with my iPhone 6 Plus. Even after getting the Watch the battery life was really good.

Then I updated the Watche OS and the battery life on my iPhone has been really bad. I'm hoping that Watch OS 2.0 will improve this since it will depend less and less on the iPhone to function.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

No noticeable iPhone battery drain for me with the watch.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, I'm getting significantly more battery drain in the iPhone 6 when wearing the Watch. Funny because I don't see this reflected in iPhone battery usage.

11. papbot macrumors 6502

If you're getting significant battery drain on your phones I suggest doing the complete shutdown/restart holding the 2 buttons. That should kill any process that's stuck running. It wouldn't hurt to do that on the watch. But as the others have said there has been no impact on battery life on the phone. I have an iPhone 6 my wife has a 5S and both are doing great. We both have watches and are on all the current software.

12. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

My iPhone 6+ has shown little to no drain while connected to my 42mm SS Apple Watch. I mentioned this before, but while golfing for two plus hours, the iPhone 6+ was in my golf bag pocket and charged to 100%. I had the Apple Watch running the Workout Other the whole time and even responded to several texts using siri or canned responses and had maybe 30 notifications. I checked the time several times as well. At the end of the round, my iPhone 6+ was either at 100% or 99% and never lower and I do this every week. I was not running any other applications that could have drawn down the battery, but I was doing plenty and it had basically no impact on the iPhone 6+ and I am running the latest version of O/S.

13. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, after at bit more testing I see that the battery isn't draining faster. After 15 hours my phone has gone from 90% to 64% and the Watch from 100% to 48% and that I'm satisfied with.