less than 1/2 hour with full battery after Snow Leopard upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by feuerschlange, Oct 6, 2009.

1. feuerschlange macrumors regular

Battery life was never great with my early 2008 Penryn Macbook Pro 2.5 15".

I never reached the advertised time, promoted by Apple or mentioned by other users. normally, the battery lasted for 2 1/2 hours before shutting down with energy all saving methods enabled.

After the Snow Leopard update, my battery shows "Service Battery?, when clicking on the battery symbol and the MBP reaches not more then 1/2 hour of battery life :eek:

I am stumped. I use the MBP professionally and will head out for a new spare battery now.

I have Apple Care and hope, Apple manages a proper solution for this.

What is your experience with this issue?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Download a program like CoconutBattery or a dashboard widget like iStat Pro and report your battery's health and the amount of cycles. Apple generally accepts that your battery should be at 80% health after 300 cycles.

3. feuerschlange thread starter macrumors regular

The battery has just 145 cycles and it states "Check Battery" in the system profiler.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You should get in touch with Apple then, considering you're under AppleCare still they should definitely do something about it :)

5. RMXO macrumors 6502a

try re-calibrating your battery first.............

6. feuerschlange thread starter macrumors regular

Did several times after the SL upgrade already.

No changes as of yet. Get another new battery today (one more spare was overdue anyway) and will contact Apple for the issue after checking the new battery.