Less Than 36 Hours Till Event, No Leak Yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Orange™, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Chop chop MR, quit sitting on your hands and dig up something good. ;)

2. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Like the iPhone4. We won't know which leaks were right till tomorrow.

We may already have seen the iPad2, who knows.
    Remember the iPhone4 early shots with the majority of people saying it was a cheap Chinese clone and Apple would never make anything like that.

Perhaps one of the pics we have seen already is the real size/shape/design.

Not long till we find out ;)

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

What pictures have come out though? The only images of an actual physical device I recall seeing for the iPad 2 are the mockups made by case manufacturers back at CES. Or have I missed something?

4. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Well perhaps they were it.

Albeit not real units, most theorised designs since then have used that as the de-facto design of the new model.

Actually the very 1st new case we saw with the giant cut-out at the rear which was thought to be a SD card slot and now a larger rear speaker grill cut away.

Be interesting to know if those very 1st case designs were 100% accurate or totally wrong.

5. BergerFan, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I thought after the iPod nano case drama in 2009, that Apple weren't going to let case vendors in on the design of products until after the launch announcement was made, to prevent these kind of leaks.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

nope, you havent missed anything - that was basically it, a case with an extra port yada yada.

*waits patiently*

7. WLS macrumors 65816

Really! Usually by now we have a pretty good idea and sometimes a complete review. All I've seen today is this:
    http://www.9to5mac.com/54279/what-do-we-expect-in-ipad-2

Hey Mossberg or Baig how about a pre-release review?? You most likely have samples to test. I'm hoping for something by tonight as a teaser for tomorrow.
    we usually get something good the day before.

8. Krandor macrumors 6502

After the Gizmodo incident I doubt any site that wants to get invited back to anything will release any info in advance even if they already have a review version.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I seem to remember actual (first-gen) iPad photos not leaking until the evening before the announcement.