Less than usual battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Markrose, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Markrose macrumors newbie

So, just got my 5S October 9th, and I always see the battery go down. I've supplied a screenshot:

[​IMG]

It's already down to twenty and I just took it two minutes ago!!!

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

The provided information is pretty useless. You haven't told us:

• how you use your iPhone
    • what settings you have on (e.g., background app refresh, parallax, location services, etc)
    • how your signal/coverage is during the day
    • your battery charging habits (e.g., always drain down to 0%; charge overnight)
    Also, you're showing us your usage with almost a quarter of your charge left.

3. Markrose thread starter macrumors newbie

Less than usual battery life

I Apologize for the lack of information i gave. Here's some more:
    Parallax: on
    Background refresh: off
    Location services: on for find my iPhone
    Wifi always on
    Bluetooth on maybe ten minutes a day
    Four to five dots all of the time.
    Usually discharge to around 40 then recharge overnight then leave it off charger for the rest of the day.

That any better?

----------

Also, battery down to 14% now. Going to recharge it overnight.

4. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Do you have location services on for System Services? And do you use it for a lot of apps?

Have you ever drained it completely from 100% to 0%?

Download a Mac application called iBackupBot, connect your iPhone to it, click "More Information" under the connected device, then copy and paste the information here.

5. Markrose thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the first gen Mac mini, will it be compatible with that app? Also, that Mac is incredibly slow. I'll have to see if I can get it working this week. I have it enabled for Siri, maps, google maps, accuweather, weather, and system services.

----------

Also, I've drained it only on the first day I've used it-down to 3%- only because my lightning cable didn't work, so I had to go to an apple store to get it replaced.

----------

I also barely used it today -- as you can tell by that usage info I provided.

It's weird how quickly the battery charges -- already at 57%; is this normal? And I haven't changed a setting or used airplane mode.

6. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Yes, your Mac mini should be able to use it.

It's said that draining your battery from 100% to 0% "calibrates the battery." So perhaps this needs to be done so that your battery measure is more accurate (how true this is, I'm not entirely sure). So I'd recommend trying this. As for charging: yeah, the iPhone's small battery can charge pretty quickly. Wouldn't be too surprised about that.

Also, did you restore your iPhone from a backup?

What specific options do you have selected under System Services?

7. Markrose thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I've an update for today: battery life has drastically improved! [​IMG] more time overall, with a lot if battery left! I did disable location services today, though.