Less transparency in iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sflomenb, Mar 11, 2014.

1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I was looking at some apps, and I noticed that the transparency is greatly reduced. For example, Maps and Control Center. I have Increase Contract turned off.

Attached Files:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Settings, General, Accessibility - make sure "Increase Contrast" is set to "Off."

3. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

It is off!!! :(

Attached Files:

4. Imory macrumors 6502a

You're right. There's a thread about CC and Apples has reduced the translucency. It's a shame and a stupid move given that I expected to see more of it. It's a part of their new design philosophy and now they're regressing?

5. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Yeah I'm pretty confused and annoyed. I liked it the way it was before.

6. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Yeah, I just noticed that the layer between the Gaussian Blur and the foreground layer is whiter and less opaque, hence less colour passing through...

You can clearly see it with Control Centre and the keyboard.

tl;dr

There's less transparency and it sucks.

7. matttye macrumors 601

Why do I get the feeling it's to make the notification centre and control centre appear as different "drawers" ?

8. FlunkedFlank macrumors member

It wouldn't be a stretch to guess that this was done to help with teh snappy.

9. blarivee macrumors 6502

I noticed that too. It's very slight transparency.

10. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I don't have an iPad, but on my iPhone that is exactly what Maps looks like if I turn on Reduce Transparency. Is Contol Center solid grey for you? If so, then maybe that setting is enabled even though you have it turned off. In that case, try turning it on and off and see if that helps. If not, then try doing a reset because you have some corrupted settings.

11. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Well, I mean can you send me a picture of your phone? Also it's like this on my iPhone AND iPad

12. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Can someone post pics of the new dock and control centre transparency (or lack of) ?

13. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Ok, this is interesting. If I go into Settings, turn on "Reduce Transparency" and "Darken Colors", go into Maps, back to Settings and turn those off, then back to Maps again, the bars are transparent like they are on my phone. Great. Problem is, if I go to Standard and back to Hybrid, the bars are back and I'd need to repeat the process again. It looks like literally the only thing that is having trouble with this is Maps on my iPad.

I'm going to try resetting the Settings.

14. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Phone looks like the bottom, which is good. iPad looks like the top

15. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I'd try "Reset All Settings" and see if that fixes it. You likely have a corrupted settings file. It happens with updates sometimes. I've had to do a reset with updates before for everything to work right.

16. sflomenb, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Just tried it. Nothing :( The weirdest thing is that, to my knowledge, this is ONLY a problem in the Maps app. The transparency is there for everything, like Notification Center and Control Center. Just not for Hybrid or Satellite view in Maps.

17. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

My Maps app appear does have transparency... But in iPad 3 style with no blurry. As you can see from search bar, the location icon underneath of the search bar, it appears to be transparent but not blurred

Attached Files:

18. Gilbeeertdoeee macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but it's just less transparency for control and notification center. Maps is fine.

19. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Maps are without Gaussian blurs even on iPad Air although it could perform the blurs. Show us a screenshot of your control center over your home screen and over a text please. Also, which iPad do you have? iPad 2 and iPad 3 will not get blur effects.

20. Gilbeeertdoeee macrumors newbie

21. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

On my ipad mini retina, if I turn on bold text, the blur effects go away except for CC and NC