Lesson Planner Software for teachers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2Evan, May 27, 2010.

1. 2Evan macrumors member

I'm still looking for a lesson planner software on my MAC. I've been using iCal, but long entries (events) and printing are difficult to work with. I was going to try Entourage, but been told it won't be in the next version of Office 4 MAC. And syncing w/iPad would aloo be great - which iCal does.

Any suggestions?

Thks for your help

2. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

Still looking ...

Thks a mil RL. Some of these apps I've used already.

iCal is still the best for lesson planning though, but sooo far from being perfect (great for history and alarms, very weak for long - # of lines- events (lesson plans) and printing.

Gosh there must be something more comprehensive somewhere ... or, like some colleagues, teachers use Xcel or other 'mainstream' apps.

3. steveoc macrumors regular

I used iCal in the past too. I now use Circus Ponies Notebook. I create a blank "template week" with my schedule and copy and paste it as needed each week. I prefer it because of greater flexibility and I can take screenshots of items and paste them in.

It's a great app in general and the academic license takes $20 off making it $29.95

4. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

Circus Ponies Notebook

Thks for the info Still watching the tutorials I want to make sure it's easy to retrieve the history of a particular class again thks