Lesson Planner Software for teachers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2Evan, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 2Evan macrumors member

Are there any teachers who use the iWork software (Pages, Numbers) as a lesson planner? I'm thinking of switching from iCal (will keep it only for scheduling and alerts, as it is meant to do) since it's not very convenient to enter a lot of text in an event. Still have 2 weeks left before school, and I'd like to create a Planner with the iWork applications - and then the beautiful iPad comes in.

Thks

2. steveoc macrumors regular

I also used iCal for lesson plans. I now use Circus Ponies' Notebook $30/academic. I like it because I can clip all kinds of different stuff into my plans. They are working on an iPad version.

I'd be interested to see how anyone has used an iWork App.

3. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

@Steve
    Ironic you mentioned NoteBook. Been learning it this summer, and just decided today that I would not be using it for the upcoming academic year. Maybe too comprehensive ... But that is a great recommendation, thks!

I'm looking (toying around basically) at using Pages maybe. Extremely user-friendly on both the iPad and laptop. Plus, I'm checking out features like Table of Contents, Outlines, Adding pictures/notes , etc. A template page for each lesson maybe. Just a bit apprehensive about losing some of those features when transferring to the Pad. Not bad at all so far.

4. steveoc macrumors regular

For what it's worth I have a weekly schedule template that I replicate each week to lay out my lessons. Each page of the notebook is a day. It has by far been the best teacher planbook that I have used.

It sounds to me that the iPad is pretty important to you though, so Notebook wouldn't work for now.

Once you figure out how to best do it pages, please share the knowledge!