Let Apple know what you really think about webapps...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jolton, Oct 11, 2007.

1. jolton macrumors member

I suggest that we leave them as much feedback as possible letting them know what we think.

http://www.apple.com/webapps/feedback/

I left my feedback. I let them know how much these so called webapps suck and want either native apps, or ones I don't need to connect to the internet to use.

I hope everyone here that feels the same will take a minute and fill it out.

Pass it on.

2. fj2007cruiser macrumors member

Web apps suck. I want native apps and am willing to hack to get them.

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I want useful apps that work, from whatever source.

One or two things sound interesting on the web apps, like the tip calculator.... but it makes much more sense for that to be a widget, with local code, than a web app.

Just curious, isn't there a web app that does IM? Just curious why that is not on the Apple page.

4. taficke macrumors member

Steve jobs will never let this happen he's to much of a control freak

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

openness attracts people, why SJ just can't get it? its 2007, not 1994.

6. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I would love to see native iphone apps, But the WebApps page isn't too bad.

7. rayward macrumors 65816

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

A good lesson in life is that people/companies are much more likely to listen to your feedback when you don't use the term "sucks". I'm sure your feedback will be tossed.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, if most of the feedbacks say "sucks", im sure it won't be ignored.

10. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Perhaps, but its less likely to get things done.

What would you be more likely to listen to, 100 people who wrote "Webaps suck, I'd rather hack my phone" or 15 people who write "I really need my iphone to do _____ and _______ but because of the limited power of web aps that is not possible."?

If anything, it tells apple what 1st party apps it needs to prioritize, as well as making them reconsider their 3rd party policy. Trolls just get ignored.

11. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

Is this what Steve meant......

Is this what steve meant when he said the iPhone was the greatest? These web apps are basically useless over Edge.
    Not everyone has WiFi available to them. I want useful apps that run offline. Reading ebooks online is painful.

12. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

Much as I'd love to have a bunch of native apps for games and utilities, web apps are actually fine for things that need to go online anyway. If I'm going to be browsing Digg or buying things from Amazon, I may as well do that on an iPhone-optimized page--at least I don't have to keep reinstalling whenever they update the interface!

As for EDGE, IMO it's not nearly as horrible as I thought it'd be; apparently a phone's processor and browser speeds can bottleneck the throughput too. My last phone was a Pocket PC with EVDO, and the load times, while better, don't FEEL even twice as fast because the browser takes longer to render pages. Similarly I've had a Sidekick with EDGE and it was monstrously slower than the iPhone even though the speed should've been the same.

13. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Here's what I wrote:

14. jolton thread starter macrumors member

Just to clarify, I did not use the word "sucks". I used it here to abbreviate the point of the message I wrote to them.

I whole heartedly agree with your point though.

15. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I have to think that since there is talk of releasing to 3rd party application builders, that outside applications should start popping up soon.

I can understand trying to keep the iphone locked so that things are warm and fuzzy between AT&T and Apple, that I do NOT have a problem with but to go and lock down so that outside applications cannot be added to the iphone is "Crippling" a perfectly good device, which is what Verizon does and the same reason I left verizon. I choose the iphone because of Apple, Technology and thinking this can only go UP and get better. I still believe this will happen, either legally or through, the method of hacking, cracking or however you want to label it.
    On another note
    Pretty good way to look at it.