Let down by incipio and FedEx

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by kevingaffney, Mar 31, 2012.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Ordered the incipio feather thing for my new iPad and paid the more expensive courier charge to have it delivered her in Ireland before weekend. Tracked it and all was well, 30 hours to get from us to Dublin and then the local clown of a driver fails to deliver, claiming nobody at my business address to collect. Of course I was there all day. I ring FedEx to complain and I want a refund on courier charge when they tell me they can't rede liver till Monday. Tell me I must look for refund from incipio. So I email them explains setup with FedEx and guess what, they don't even bother to reply. Two companies I won't be rushing to deal with again

2. glen e, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

how is this incipio's fault?

and you emailed incipio on a saturday?

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I tend to like UPS much better than FedEx at least here in the states. I find UPS 98% on time with their expected delivery dates as compared with around 70% for FedEx. At least that's been my experience.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

5. neweipadfan macrumors member

this story brought so many tears to my eyes, its really sad, I feel so bad for you

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. If lack of delivery was due to the driver then Incipio is irrelevant.

Opposite for me. Anecdotal evidence really doesn't mean much though.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

while I think the OP is wrong. If Fedex messed up the delivery, Incipio would be needed to have the fees refunded from Fedex and then to the customer.

8. icupcake macrumors member

icupcake

It's not the end of the world but the op is certainly entitled to a refund from Fed Ex - but yeah it does have to be done through the shipper. I would give Incipio a few days to respond, other than that I feel like it's a valid complaint. I think Americans don't quite get how expensive and annoying shipping can be for those of us in other countries. If I paid extra for shipping and FedEx didn't get it to me on the guaranteed date, I'd want a refund too. It's not like it costs Incipio anything to request it from Fed Ex. On another note, I've been on a lot of forums and this one has so many snarky commenters that it makes me afraid to even bother posting anything here. Good luck op on getting your refund!

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

How ridiculous. Its just a f&*%ing piece of plastic.

10. zmbchclt macrumors newbie

I don't see how some don't understand that you're paying extra for a g'teed delivery date but not getting it, I'd be annoyed to.

It doesn't matter what the item is, it's the sheer principle of it. You wouldn't throw money away for the hell of it, and that's what this is in a nutshell.

For the OP, I would wait a few days till you get a reply and they will have to refund the extra to you, with them claiming it back off FedEx. It wouldn't be through the courier though, since they are dealing with Incipio, not you.

11. MR1324 macrumors 6502

12. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly the point I was making. Incipio have since come back stating no refund is due as Fedex promise a two to four business day delivery and it was delivered just within the four business day timescale. I just don't like being lied to by the fedex people re not being here to accept a delivery. OK it was only a piece of plastic, they were not to know that and it could have been important.
    Still, who cares?