Let me Macrumors that for you?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by macfan19803, Jan 16, 2009.

1. macfan19803 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

After seeing http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/ , I have been wondering if anybody has or would like to create a sort of website like that. I see so many ridiculous posts in the forums, it would be awesome to just post a URL that would do the same thing letmegooglethatforyou does.

If you don't know, letmegooglethatforyou allows you to show your friends who ask you stupid questions how easy it is to just google it. You type in a question,hit generate, and then send them the link back (which can be made into a tinyurl). Then when they click it theyll see google open up and a fake cursor type in their question into the search box and hit search. at the bottom it says "Was that so hard?"

2. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

I was actually thinking of doing this. The problem is the way vBulletin (forum software) handles searches. Instead of making the url:

forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=what+to+do+when+you+accidentally+ate+your+macbook

It makes it like this:

forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=14329198

It just gives the search a random number in the URL, so the 3rd-party site can't generate a search url.

If someone can make a LMMRTFY site, that would be awesome :D

MRoogle works, but your idea is pretty good too.

3. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

snip

Never mind, was posted above.

MODS can delete.

4. Stratoukos macrumors member

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

6. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

The strongly dislike people who are arrogant about "searching" first, I think creating such a site would involve an increase in this behavior.

7. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77