Let others upload documents

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by UODucks84, Sep 5, 2014.

1. UODucks84 macrumors newbie

Hello experts!

I'm new with iWeb and it looks very user friendly. I didn't see an option available to allow others to do the following:

-Create an account/sign in on my website
    -Upload documents

I'm creating a website for my tax business and would like to give my clients the ability to send me their documents online rather than coming into the office on multiple trips. Having them create an account/sign in would reduce the need for me to sort the documents from customer to customer.

Can anybody provide me with some guidance or point me in the right direction? Thank you so much, I REALLY appreciate your help. Cheers!

Jake H

2. 960design macrumors 68020

I recommend contacting a local web developer. Handling tax records and SSN can get you in a lot of trouble if done incorrectly. Bite the bullet, hire someone, let them go to court for you if something happens. It will be their time in jail / fines, not yours.

What you are asking is quite simple to do. It is also just as easy for a noob to mess up.

3. nomade macrumors member

nomade

This could be easily done by using php ftp_put function.
    You will need a form which on send will reload the page, detect a variable (could be in the url: my page.php?file=new) and process the form by uploading the file in a selected folder.
    The process can also generate a email to you to let you know that a new file have been uploaded.

You will find many examples of this by googling ftp_put.

4. 960design, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

960design macrumors 68020

Again, back to the pro developer. Wouldn't it be easier to drag and drop the scanned images, something like:

Now this doesn't fit your scenario at all, just a sample of what a drag & drop with optional upload would look like.

Attached Files:

5. UODucks84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed, and a noob I am! =) I think I will take your advice on this, but also actively learn about the process so I can save some $$ in the future. You are correct though, it is best to be extra careful/safe with sensitive information. Thanks for the advice and your time!

----------

Thank you! Googling now, appreciate you taking the time to help a novice.