Let someone tell me the iPhone isn't hardcore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by one1, Sep 7, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I can't believe this still works, I'm plugged into WinSCP right now playing around in the phone and it doesn't even have a screen on it! :) (need a screen if you see one laying around)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Yours isn't exactly hardcore...you know...due to the lack of screen.

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Triple hardcore. Handicapped and overcoming adversities.

4. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Haha xD

Is it easy to open your iPhone up...?

My home button isn't responding often...maybe something got underneath it? I don't want to send it back...costs me like $50 :S

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

No it's not easy, and nearly impossible to do it without leaving your mark(s) on it.

I rescued this phone from the dead after someone killed it trying to repair a home button. http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/328071-dead-have-risen.html

Your FLEX CABLE has gone bad and they are about $20-$25 on ebay depending on who you get it from. I never volunteered to become an iPhone hardware expert, but after this build I've learned every square inch of it and what makes what not work.

I was actually going to just use the phone since the cracked screen worked, but once a screen cracks it displaces the digitizer and it's only a matter of time before it cracks from you pressing on the weak, flexing glass. This one went after about 2 days of playing.

6. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Well screw that....this phone isn't even a week old....I'll just send it back. Goddamn, everything from Apple breaks on me. I've had to send my Classic back FOUR times. :|

7. powermixx macrumors member

Am I missing something? If there's an Apple Store near you, you can just walk in with it can't you? Or call Apple and they should deliver a new one/return the old one box kinda thing??

8. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw