Let Test Os 4.3 Now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jan 22, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

have anyone test on os 4.3 yet ?
    are they drain battery as same 4.2.1

i wish battery the same so i will upgrade it , thanks

2. gregrose macrumors 6502

i would like to know if the battery issue is still there on 4.3 too.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Does the battery draining issue ever get resolved?

I swear every time Apple release a new OS update (either bug fixes or major OS jump) I always come across several comments of people asking "have they fixed the battery draining issue yet?"

I just googled the phrase "iPhone battery draining" and I found several articles dated as far back as 2007 and the original iPhone with people complaining of this issue. I myself have owned all 4 iPhones and have never experienced this issue, and so every time I come across this question, I'm baffled as to what is going on?

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

you took the words right off my mouth :)

5. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Mine too.

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I get a solid day and a half from my 4 with pretty heavy use. Can't imagine what I would be getting if I didn't have battery drain issues. :rolleyes:

7. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

I think my iPhone 4 does well with the battery, too.

8. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I think most people either:

A) Don't understand that some apps will consistently eat at battery due to constant data checks

B) Just expect too much out of a device.

Just about every phone I've owned, since getting into tweaking them, I've seen people yelling about battery draining issues and tons of forum posts saying the same thing and tons saying no issue. From Winmo, to RIM to Droid and Apple.

I generally attribute it to applications, and device use. I know, for example, on my old Blackberry I would get HORRIBLE battery life and I even looked up my current build and checked to see if something was messed up w/ it, but then found a single mention of an obscure app I used, and once I removed it... viola. I was rockin 50% more life out of my phone.

Apple seems to be pretty thorough w/ testing things prior to release, and I'd expect most issues to come down Apps (settings, data use/refresh times, etc) and just people expecting too much out of a device (or doing the wrong math on how often its really being used). One of the main reason just about every application w/ a refresh time option gets dropped to "never" unless I manually do it because combine 10-15 applications checking back every 15mins at slightly different times and you've got horrible life.