Let the whining start, WHERE IS LOGIC 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k2k koos, Apr 15, 2007.

?

Will Apple release a new Logic ?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2007.
  1. Never, Logic is dead, change to Cubase, DP, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, Logic 8 at WWDC

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Logic will be rewritten in a new app and released Much later

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. What is Logic?

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. k2k koos macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

Final cut looks to be a top notch app. Now Apple , well done, but can you now please turn your attention to LOGIC?!!
    It's sooooo neglected, please give us audio people something new!:apple:

Current Logic 7 is in need of a major overhaul, it needs an updated interface, to be more consistent with the other Pro applications, it needs legacy code removed and in general made more bug free. (7 came a long way in that respect compared to 6, but we're not their yet). More hardware needs supporting. The soundtrack audio editing suite should be integrated, as should Waveburner.
    The environment needs a clean up, the concept is great but could be executed with a bit more clarity, and icons etc are no longer of this day and age. The plug in bundles are great, and personally I don't need a lot more, but some of the plug ins need a rewrite to bring their audio performance up to pro level. I'm sure that other users have loads of other requests, and wishes.

Anyway, it's taken a very long time for an update, I know that a Pro app like this takes a lot of work, but I hope that the programmers resources haven't been taken up by other software, as was the case for OS X it self, for a (great) phone no less....

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Logic 8 will come when it's ready, it was hardly gonna be released at NAB.

3. k2k koos thread starter macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

Not so sure about that, the link between video and audio becomes more and more tightly integrated, and there are a lot of producers and audio engineers walking around on NAB, I think Logic would be justified there.

Fun picture by the way lol

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry if the pic was a bit rude, MR seems to get lots of whining threads after Apple events, yours though does seem to be thought through. I would expect Apple to have been working hard, maybe on something better than Pro-Tools behind the scenes.