Let There Be Space!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by radeon3, Mar 23, 2011.

1. radeon3 macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2011
    Ok, so I'm a radio dj and as you can imagine i have loadddssss of music. And music isn't kind when it comes to space...especially when you have 2 months worth. I have a Macbook Pro 15" Unibody from April 2009. It has a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram Memory. I currently house a 320GB Hard drive.

I have searched everywhere, including this forum up and down before I came here to ask, so here I am.

Where can I get a new, larger hard drive? Such as 750GB or even a terabyte?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks everybody!
  2. radeon3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2011
    Thank You very much!!! Is there a certain type i should not get? or possibly a brand or type i should stay away from? And will all of those slide in like the one that is removable from the bottom right now?
  3. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

Jan 17, 2008
    Big D
    Just go with one that has good reviews. You can get instructions at ifixit.com.

You can also consider using a portable USB drive...
  4. legreve macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2010
    I personally have always liked WDs products. Have never failed me...
  5. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Apr 23, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Just make sure the HD you get isn't too thick to fit inside the 15" MBP enclosure. Especially the 1TB drives are known to be a bit fatter. I don't know the exact numbers or what the maximum thickness is that will fit inside an early 2009 15" MBP, but it's worth checking.