Letgo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SwampDog35, May 24, 2017.

1. SwampDog35 macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any luck or experiences with the Letgo app for iPhones? Seems to be some rather good deals (Some that make you wonder the integrity of the phone).

Any insight before purchasing a used iPhone through Letgo would be greatly appreicated.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Pack heat, be prepared to be scammed, phone could be blacklisted at a later date.

Same crap you deal with as Craigslist.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You take the same risk with any third party site for selling iPhones. Swappa and eBay included. Although, I would recommend Swappa over most others.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I've had a few successful transactions. I've decided not to go through with a few after messaging with some sellers and finding things a little fishy.... I guess I would just say its the same thing as craigslist but with an app. So exercise whatever precautions you would if you were using craigslist.

5. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

I've sold an iPhone and an Apple TV on LetGo but have never purchased anything

6. its Dale macrumors 6502

i looked and looked, but never went through with a phone purchase on there. its not worth wondering if your device will be blacklisted after. It can happen a day or months after. Nothing to be scared of from the physical aspect. all you gotta do is meet in a lobby of a police station

7. SwampDog35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I figured it was just another version of Craigslist. Just wanted to get some feedback.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Just meet inside a cellular provider's retail store. It's a public place, and they can check the phone in the system to make sure it's free and clear. Before the transaction, have the seller sign out of iCloud and erase all contents and settings.

Done and done.

9. SwampDog35 thread starter macrumors newbie

True and very true. Never thought about meeting at a Retail store. Nice idea. Thanks

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Best of luck. Stay safe. If it smells fishy, walk away. Unless you live in NOLA, then it always smells fishy. ;)

11. SwampDog35 thread starter macrumors newbie

WHOA Bro... That was a low blow to us Bayou Folks..... and yes I live just outside of NOLA

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nah. Just a wink and a jab b/c I saw your NOLA tag for your location. I like LA and have many friends from there. Besides, I'm in AR (not much better here). :)

13. SwampDog35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just messing, My wife and I are actually about to Invade AR like a beast tonight. We are headed to Eureka Springs and other campgrounds up that way. Can't wait to get away for 10 days.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Beautiful area. Enjoy!

15. its Dale macrumors 6502

Doesnt matter at the time. It can always be reported after the sale