Lethal Enema

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
A 42 year old Houston woman Tammy Jean Warner is accused of giving her husband a sherry enema. Her husband Michael has a history of alcoholism. Due to a medical throat condition, he's unable to swallow any alcohol. She admits giving him the enema, but denies that it caused his death.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3021969

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
LOL, I looked at the title and thought the thread would be about a death-metal band or some such. :rolleyes:

You gotta REALLY want to be drunk to do this... :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I have given a lot of medically related enemas in my career. So it's evident that he participated in this act. Have heard of these alternative types of enemas. I suppose her defense could be one of being naive, not aware of the effects that amount of sherry would cause him.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Lyle said:
With friends like her, who needs enemas?
That is awesome Lyle. Your post brought on my biggest smile of the day, thank you. I think that you win the post of the week award. :D

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Reminds me of the Darwin Award Honorable Mention that went to the angsty teenager who tried to commit suicide by downing a bottle of aspirin. Pity it was a bottle of laxatives instead....

One very messy near-death hospital stay (and undoubtedly some therapy) later, he is once more among the reproductive masses.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I had heard of this sort of thing from my more kinky friends.

Spoke with them about the article. Pure alcohol is never to be used. The lining of the intestines just absorbs the stuff like crazy.

Word of warning, anything "kinky" should never be tried without I guess what you might call "proper training".

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Lyle said:
With friends like her, who needs enemas?
I actually laughed out loud at this. Hurts so good.

As for the story... okay, if you say so. After two years of marriage you burn your husband's will, then a month later dump two whole 1.5L bottles of liquer up his rear and claim it was an accident? Not that he didn't agree to it initially, but I can't imagine anybody accidentally pouring that much booze into somebody else (who may well have been unconcious at that point).

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I know what enemas are, lol. But does any one know what santorum is? OK no googling please!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
I saw the same pun, but couldn't bring myself to post it. :D
Don't worry, somebody always sees the Metamucil moments and lets loose with a load crappy puns.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Tammy Warner told police that she found her husband dead in their bed. Turner said she admitted giving him the sherry enema, but not to causing his death.
I would have thought that she would have found a lot more in her bed than just her recently deceased husband :eek:

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Lord Blackadder said:
LOL, I looked at the title and thought the thread would be about a death-metal band or some such. :rolleyes:
Hehe, that's what I thought when I first read the article on Google. After I stopped dying of laughter, I thought, "Man, 'Lethal Sherry Enema' would be an awesome band name!" Of course, now there's probably at least a dozen bands out there named that since this article came out. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
I know what enemas are, lol. But does any one know what sanatorium is? OK no googling please!
Yes, I will take your question seriously. It is the older term for a Psychiatric Hospital. More to denote a place of rest for the mentally insane. Note, I corrected your spelling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.