letmewatchthis - question on it's legality and safety

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kingdummkopf, Jul 20, 2012.

1. kingdummkopf macrumors member

my friend keeps telling me to use the site letmewatchthis to watch tv online. he claims it's legal, but i have my doubts. anyone know of it?

also, he uses a mac with tiger i think, and he swears it's safe, but i again haven't attempted to use it a) for legal reasons, b) for malware reasons. i have a mac with lion. so two questions; is it legal? and could it infect a mac?

thanks.

2. malman89 macrumors 68000

It's not illegal for you to watch it. Only the source files are potentially illegal and maybe (not really) illegal for the hosts. Never used that site, but I have 2 go-to TV stream sites and then I have two go-to live sports stream sites.

Malware? Doesn't hurt to just run AdBlock or AdBlockPlus or whatever to limit annoying ads/pop ups. I've never had an issue watching any of my sites in Windows or OS X.

3. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

hmm, i have adblock installed on all my browsers, both on vista and os x lion. i'm still a bit unsure about the site though, because in the back of my mind i think viruses and stuff.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I think you'll be fine - Just be careful if the site asks you to grant permission for anything... ;)