Let's all email at&t and put the pressure on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onefastlxx, Jun 11, 2009.

1. onefastlxx macrumors newbie

onefastlxx

I email AT&T and flat out told them how much they suck for not keeping up and supporting mms on the iPhone,what so they want the iPhone to jump too another carrier so I say let's all email AT&T give them all a piece of our mind.

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Yeah, because the other 5,000 times people have called/written complaining over the last two years have done a lot to sway AT&T over the whole thing. :p

3. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

The only way the "pressure" could really be put on AT&T is if everyone that has an iPhone with them now suddenly canceled and went elsewhere. Other than that I don't see how emailing them while you still pay them money every month does anything.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Why? So AT&T can laugh?

They have a monopoly on the iPhone and in all likelihood could give two dumps what you or I or anyone thinks about their network quality because they know that if you want sweet sweet iPhone goodness you are basically stuck with them.

They got thousands of angry emails about their work to nix the Sling Player on 3G for the iPhone and that didn't do squat for getting them to change their policy on bandwidth intensive apps being made available on their network.

5. The General macrumors 601

We've waited two years. I'm sure we'll survive two more months.

6. mak10 macrumors regular

You've waited this long for MMS you can't wait a little longer? Seems a little ridiculous to me. It's not that AT&T doesn't want you to have MMS, apparently they have to manually update the iPhone accounts to include it. Obviously AT&T can support it as other phones on AT&T can do it.

Personally I don't see the big deal with MMS and can honestly say I'll never use it, but that's just me.

7. Silv3rF0x macrumors member

Silv3rF0x

You honestly think they care. HAHAHAHA

It is a game You will pay because the human mind just keep wanting more and more.

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Op I just wanted to personally thank you for not trying to make *yet another* thread about how att stole your first born by not subsidizing another phone .That deserves recognition.

9. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

if everybody had the stones to boycott the 3gs until mms was live i bet they would get moving on it a lot faster. considering they would be losing money and apple would probably lean on them pretty hard too

10. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

I read threads like this, as they're a fantastic source of amusement. My wife is an executive with AT&T at their corporate headquarters, and deals specifically with marketing across most of their product offerings. AT&T's iPhone line of business is such a small part of the overall corporate picture (and profit structure), a boycott of months would be a very, very, very small dent in the overall picture.

Her words: It's just another mobile phone. Not that big of a deal. We'd survive.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

what's a couple of months after waiting a couple of years.

Besides as others have stated, putting "pressure" on them isn't going to change anything. Its not they're hanging iPhone customers out to dry for giggles. If they could have done it they would have. I don't think waiting another couple of months is going hurt.

12. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I went today to simply get a credit check to see if I would have a deposite (and i dont have one! whoop!) and had touched on the subject. The lady told me that they told her that the 3GS would support up front but the 3G is what will take some time to roll out. Was she mistaken or is this correct?

13. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

She was incorrect.

14. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

They can avoid the issue with the 3GS if they never put the restrictions on the account. (it's plausible)

15. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i agree and put the updated carrier file on the phone, its quite possible.

16. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

congrats, if you come here to get amusement then get highbrow with everyone your a sad sad man.

17. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

The bolded won't be true forever. If I were running AT&T, I'd do everything I can to a) keep the iPhone exclusively on AT&T & b) if I were to lose exclusivity, I'd want to give people a good reason to stay on with AT&T because of their fond memories of working with AT&T that I want them to have...

18. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

Dude. Seriously. Highbrow?

Come on.

You've gotta admit, all the drama that happened with the 3G and now the 3GS is entertaining. And amusing.

It's just a mobile phone. I still have my 1st gen iPhone. It works for me, and I'm not about to get all wound up because I can't send MMS on it. Not really earth shattering, you know?

And, for the record, I'm a pretty happy guy.

BTW, it's not "your a sad sad man", it's "you're a sad, sad man." Just trying to help, you know?

19. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

AT&T stole my dog and poisoned my hamster.

Tell her to keep living in her happy little make believe bubble. "Survive" as in I survived off ramen noodles and walmart brand corn flakes floating in water when I was in college.

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Use email and not some ancient technology like MMS.

21. oldschooldude macrumors regular

AT&T Will get thiers as soon as they have some competition

As soon as Apple cuts a deal with another carrier to sell the iphone, then AT&T will get what they deserve: mass exodus of existing iPhone accts and a huge loss of potentially new iphone customers. Then, and only then will they be forced to do whatever it takes to stop the massive bleeding.

At least IMO that's what I hope happens and the sooner the better.

Yeah, I'm sour grapes because AT&T told me today that because I used an early upgrade option to get my 3G last July, I have no choice but to pay the full no-commitment price now or wait until December to be eligible for the subsidized price on the 3GS.

I know, I know, I signed a contract, but it STILL SUCKS!

22. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Good one, LMAO. Never bring you wife into a forum.

23. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

That is seriously funny. Oddly enough, she didn't get the humor in it.