Lets be honest, TIGER > LION.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Messy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Aww. Poor Lion. :( And even more sad if the Zoo is to blame, not repairing that fence. :(

BTW, panthers > tigers. A panther makes a kill on average 1 in 3 attempts; for a tiger, it's 1 in 20. Apple got their cat naming backwards. ;)

2. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Okay, I'll admit it; you got me on this one.

This is the MacRumors equivalent of a golf-clap-worthy FARK.com headline submission. Kudos.

3. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Or did they? :D

Also for the OP:

[​IMG]

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

That's pretty interesting. The article was short and sweet.

Great quote "The tiger severed the lion's jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood"

That would have been well worth the price of admission to see.

5. Messy thread starter macrumors 6502

Im quite amazed that the single blow was so precisely hit, shame the Lion died though, they're both amazing creatures that I fear my Grandkids won't get to see.

6. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Tigers are pretty much all gone. Lions aren't too far behind.

I remember going to the zoo when I was a kid. It was the highlight of the day getting to see the Tiger! Such a majestic creature. Oh and the Crocodiles. They freak me out. (Not a fan of reptiles)

But i'm not surprised that the Tiger took out the Lion. Even in the wild, Lions are lazy. The Lioness does the hunting, the Lion just jumps on the capture animal and kills it. (At least that's how remember it from Planet Earth DVDs)

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Tiger blood #winning

I remember going to the zoo a few years ago and the highlight of my visit was watching 2 tigers ****, and a little kid asking her mom what they were doing and her mom trying her best to provide a satisfactory answer to him without actually answering it. You'd think they would keep male and female tigers separate, but I guess not ;)

8. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Well, they need to breed the tigers since theres like none left. When I first clicked onto his though I thought it was going to be about the operating systems :p Was wondering why it wasn't in Mac Software.

9. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Too bad captive bred wild animals are worthless to the good of the species. They can't be bred in a zoo and then be let go cause they'll just die right away with somebody feeding them from a bottle.

10. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Just awesome :D

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Please, go back to your FPS or WOW. Whatever. :(

For me, I had zero desire to watch it, so I did not. :p

12. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

Lions may not be such good fighters. But you know who is? Rafiki from the Lion King. That ninja monkey is one bad mother-shut-my-mouth. I can watch that 11 seconds of the Lion King for hours. In case you have forgotten, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRdllxh_c6s

13. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

What what? That was a joke...

Thanks for the burn though. I'll take my comments elsewhere.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Nice back-up, but you might put a beeper on that, to warn the pedestrians. :p

15. bluap84 macrumors 6502

+1 - i love all the big cats! they are amazing and beautiful creatures which just to seem to be disappearing from our world.

such shame. I saw a Tiger in London Zoo recently. Poor thing seemed distressed and very bored. Zoo's are lending a good hand in bringing animals from near extinction but then again i sometimes feel it is cruel to keep them locked up in something which is probs 1% of their natural habitat