Let's be understanding...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Built, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Built macrumors 68020

Those of us who were successful yesterday...either through tenacity or sheer luck...in getting at least one iPhone for launch day really need to be nicer to those who were not so lucky and who are expressing their frustration.

I completely understand how they feel, and would feel the same way, especially after some spent all day trying to order, and it was clearly circumstances beyond their control which prevented them from completing an order, or if by the time they were able to get an order in, the delivery date changed.

I've read some pretty nasty "I got mine" posts and, frankly, even though I was able to order, I don't feel that way. I totally understand the frustration that people are feeling.

OK...rant over...

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

[​IMG]

Seriously, it's a friggin phone. It's not even the first iPhone. And iOS4 is available on the 3G and GS. No one will die b/c they get their iP4 a week after launch. Cripes. Anyone crying, bitching, moaning has genuine personality issues and needs to consult with a licensed psychotherapist pronto. They don't need consoling they need an intervention.

3. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Amen to that. I didn't even bother to preorder cause I'm waiting for white, and I'm perfectly content with my 3GS. I only wish Apple said something more definitive about the absence of white phones, but whatever. There are millions of gallons of oil spilling into the gulf right now, that's a PR crisis. A shortage of $300 devices? Not so much.

4. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Agreed...give it a rest people, it's a damn phone. You'll get it when you get it. There's a difference between being frustrated with the process and being downright over the top obsessive and immature.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Absolutely! I'm sure this multitude of useless threads weeping and moaning about pre-orders etc etc must, like me, be boring to tears the majority of serious members.

Haven't these people anything else to do? ;):D

6. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

It is the new sense of entitlement and liberalism.

In 5 years they'll be complaining they actually have to PAY for the phone in the first place and not be given to them.

I got up early for a meeting yesterday and saw the phones were available. Yes we want ours on launch day, but we're a technology company, bit different. I thought they would not start sales till 7 or 9am. I left my wife directions on what to order. Well turns out they were available early. Tried the Apple store and failed, went to ATT, placed 2 orders in 5 minutes.

That's it, it went through and if it didn't then we would have gotten them later. My only concern about getting an iPhone 4 on launch day was the value of our older phones, the more you get past the iPhone 4 launch day the less value we have in our 3GS's.

Some of the posts on here are disturbing to say the least.

It's a phone, its a great piece of technology and we're excited to get ours but going beyond that is a bit much especially those who say Apple/ATT owes them something for them deciding to spend 8-10 hours trying to order a phone.

I'll call ATT and request for them to cancel my $18 upgrade fee because I could not order via Apple and had to order through ATT instead(Apple doen't charge one, right?) and that'll be it.

Now I am a bit perturbed that my 3g iPad I picked up last night I could not transfer accounts from my old 3g iPad because the systems were overwhelmed but 1 I already bought it, 2 its for business and I'm a business customer, 3 the hours I spent on the phone with them could have been used more productively but that is a product I already purchased.

7. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Whatever.

I tried.

They're just venting. If I discern any sense of entitlement, I just move on. My point is that some of these people are just frustrated because they spent all day trying to get through a system that was in meltdown mode.

It's certainly no skin off my back to be at least a little empathetic.

8. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Let me guess, all of you who are saying "it's just a phone" were able to pre-order without any problems?

9. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

yes, but, all in all, it is JUST A PHONE:cool:

10. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Good point.

11. John T macrumors 68020

John T

WOW! Haven't they got anything better to do? :)

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

Best. Reply. Ever.

13. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I agree, gloating is petty. Congrats for those who got one on time and for the rest, hope you can pick up one on launch day. :)

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yup, the PR problem is the worst thing about the oil spill.

15. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree...Gloating is not only petty, it is ugly, as well, and unfortunately, something that is being demonstrated by many of the same people who have responded negatively, and sarcastically, to this thread.

16. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I laughed. :D

17. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Somehow we are all losers after yesterday...... :(

18. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Not what I meant. At all. In re: people bitching about Apple not saying anything about the iPhone, I merely meant to suggest that perhaps their energy would be better spent worrying about what the hell BP is going to do/say/plan about our wildlife, water, resulting economic consequences, etc. rather than worrying about what Apple is going to do about the iPhone. Give me a break, I'm not a moron.

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

While I do understand the frustration, please do not create threads just to criticize the statements people make in other threads or start fights about what is an okay post and what is not an okay post... Feel free to report problem posts, or move on to another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.