Lets call it like it is now: What is the baterry life on your Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OnTheiTouch2G, Oct 13, 2008.

1. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

Call it for function, whether you're throwing an estimate or actually timed, what model, and when you bought your touch.

Be truthful!

Bought the 2g 32gig from the apple store the day (Wednesday) after it was released.

Pure surfing: 6 hours
    Surfing plus tunes to headphones 4 hours
    Just music with backlight off: 8 hours
    Pure video: 3.5 hours

Times estimated, actuals to come one of these days. Although not timed these a very close to truth.

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Wifi on or off? Brightness level? Auto brightness? Push on? Volume level? fast forwarding? Too many factors

3. OnTheiTouch2G thread starter macrumors member

brightness mid, push on manual, volume jamming. Include the factors if you wish, but post the numbers.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I can run mine for a day and a half on one charge. I likely browse the web for about 2 hours of that time, listen to music for about 10, and it is honestly on standby listening for email (once per 30 minutes) for the rest of the time.

I am really happy with it, considering wireless is running most of the time, and it acts as my primary email sending device.

[​IMG]

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

iPod Touch 2nd Gen:

11 hours of video playback with everything off or on lowest setting (brightness, volume, Wi-Fi, EQ, ect.).

4 hours of video playback if everything is on or on high.

36-40 hours of music playback, if it's locked and everthing in the settings is off/on low.

12-20 hours of music playback if everthing in the settings is on high.