Let's clean up a couple of things, Apple

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RichardI, Oct 25, 2007.

1. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Allright, let's get back to reality. To hell with Leopard. I bought a nice new iMac Aluminim back in August (or Sept.) and it still has some issues. I can't play Tiger Woods '08 at all because I am waiting for a graphics driver update. There is a new version of Tiger out there in the ether somewhere - version 10.4.11 which I have not seen yet. Come on Apple, get your priorities straight. Send out the final fixes for Tiger first. :mad: I, for one have no intention of buying Leopard until it is well established - and there are likely a LOT of others who will do the same. Please stay focused on Tiger for now...

Rich :cool:

2. weaverra macrumors regular

Doesn't work that way. I hope they don't keep looking back. They need to look forward. Their priorities are and should be on Leopard. How can Leopard be improved and get well established if they waste anymore time on Tiger? You can't walk forward and looking back without eventually running into something.

3. kolax macrumors G3

You should be annoyed at EA Sports, not Apple.

They port the Windows version of their games to run on Mac. So it isn't going to run ideal.

4. garethlewis2 macrumors 6502

With a comment like that, you just killed any chance that any corporation will ever buy Apple hardware. Why would they risk a multi-billion dollar company suddenly going bankrupt if a company like Apple decide to kill off the previous OS and offer no support whatsoever. Please, grow up.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

They'll still support Tiger for a couple of years.... they did for Panther. Relax... you'll be fine on Tiger. Why don't you want to upgrade though? Did you know that Apple doesn't come out with upgrades to try and screw up your workflow... they actually come out with upgrades to address issues and bring new features that improve efficiency and workflow.

6. weaverra macrumors regular

Hey everyone knew this was coming. In case you haven't noticed a lot of programs rely on the more current versions of OS X to even function. (a.k.a Quicktime 7.2) This is no big secret. The idea is to transition the the new OS as quickly and efficiently as possible. Like I said they need to concentrate on Leopard now not Tiger patches. Security updates yes but other than that..... Tiger is the past although many still use it. Corporations can buy the developer copies and work with that in the mean time just like all the software developers do.

7. milo macrumors 604

Well, thankfully apple doesn't work like he described.

They have separate teams working on 10.4 and 10.5. Obviously, as time goes on the team for 10.4 will get smaller and smaller (most of them probably switching to a 10.6 team), but they'll still support it for a while. Although updates will probably become less frequent and only be for major problems.

8. RichardI thread starter macrumors 6502a

RichardI

There are many reasons. Not the least of which is that no real-life testing has been done on Leopard. I mean by the general public, not the hand-picked OSX experts that Apple uses. It appears to me that Apple is beginning to use computing power for useless stuff. Reflections on the dock floor? Really cool, but serves no useful purpose that I can think of , while using graphics processing power. That's just one example. What will happen to my Boot Camp Windows partition when I "upgrade"? I don't expect you to answer that question - it will be answered over the next few weeks and months by the anxious. That's what I'm waiting for. I realise that I'll be going to Leopard eventually, but it will be down the road a piece. I'll let everyone else work out all the kinks first. In the mean time, I want the latest version of Tiger and I want stuff that doesn't work, fixed.

Rich :cool: