Let's compare 3gs batter life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1rottenapple, Jul 8, 2009.

?

What's your battery and usage with 3g life on for your 3GS like?

1. 3gs with 3g "ON" all day with "40% of battery life at end of day"

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 3gs with 3g "OFF" all day with "40% of battery life at end of day"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3gs with 3g "ON" all day with "10% of battery life at end of day"

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 3gs with 3g "OFF" all day with "10% of battery life at end of day"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

what type of battery life are you getting with the 3gs?
    -seems as though I am running out of battery halfway into a work day with 3g, push on. Lite email and life safari.
    -my battery died during the day wihtout a phone and want to see what the consensus is.

post your settings and battery level at the end of you day.

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Wish I could do this but my 3GS turns off at 60% every time. Tried to calibrate but it doesnt work. Nothing works, I am about to call Apple and get a new one.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

my 3g with 3.0 on it last just as long (or short) as my 3gs

4. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

My battery would be at 10% mark if I didn't charge it twice a day. However I am a heavy user after losing broadband Internet in the house. I'm probaby using it constantly with 3g, push, low brightness for 16 hours a day. On other days it's full brightness and wifi is turned on. Bluetooth is off.

Rather than complain about the battery for myself. I'd like less menu when turning on and off the power draining features. Pity none of it is accessible via the taskbar.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

If you use the phone alot for web browsing its suggested you use wifi instead of 3G so i'm pretty sure your battery loss is coming from the hefty 3G usage since you dont have broadband :(

6. Civic Minded macrumors newbie

Civic Minded

Mine's been pretty good to this point, though I think my old 3G still got better battery life. I use wifi most of the time when browsing, and usually end up with about 40 percent by the end of the day. It has gone all the way to 10 percent one or two times though.

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Yeah, I use wifi at work but when I do I drain it further by being able to download video and podcasts!

Wifi is few and far between here and I don't want to spend my free time in Mcdonalds or standing outside Starbucks for too long! :)