Lets compile a list of Macbook Pro cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicknicknickh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

My Macbook pro is in dire need of a case. The only 2 cases I've heard about are the Speck and the Incase. So I was wondering what other cases their are there has to be more then just those two. I was also thinking someone with more experience on this forum then me would like to start a stickied thread listing all the cases and where to buy them. Also a long list of bags, sleeves etc.

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

incase and speck are the only reputable ones.

incipio makes one but there not as great as speck/incase.

twelvesouth maeks one called the bookbook but its more of a sleeve than a case.

other than that thats it unless u move onto sleeves

i jsut ordered a speck seethru clear.

comes in monday, hope its good!

3. MrJolly macrumors member

MrJolly

The MBP comes with a beautiful aluminium case, it's gorgeous, keep it naked.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

and to maintain is good looks, i pick up a speck seethru clear

5. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I've been using the Macally Bookshell2 Leather case for years now. It's lowkey, classy and the texture feels great!

6. BLOCKMONSTER macrumors member

+1 on Booq. I got the Vyper M3 sleeve (when I dont wanna lug everything) and Viper Rush M (when i do). But I just got my MBP so I prefer it naked for the time being.

7. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Case: HardCandy Bubble, Clear. Every other case looks the same, while this looks BA. Fits great, and I think they're only $20 now; they were $50 when I got mine, and $40 when I got my girl friend one. I got her one in red, and it too looks great, I'm also interested in picking up one in blue soon, but haven't as it would block the throwback apple.

[​IMG]

Sleeve: Incase neoprene sleeve. Not much to say here, soft lining, decent quality zipper, I got it the same day as my MacBook Pro over a year ago and it more or less looks like new. I think it was $40.

[​IMG]

Bag: Coach embossed leather OP slim messenger bag, brown. It's my school bag, and for me it's perfect. It's very slim and on the small size(my 13" pro fits in perfect, but I honestly don't think a 15" would), which is nice; I keep my laptop, AC adapter, a couple cables, flash drives, Coach zip portfolio, graphing calculator, pens, and a few other small things, and I love that there isn't really any wasted/extra space(I'm going to get a portable external HD just to keep in my bag because of how cheap they've gotten, but a Seagate GoFlex Slim shouldn't take up too much space lol) or all kinds of weird looking pockets or "features" like some bags/backpacks have. I think it was in the $400 range, and IMHO is worth double that.

[​IMG]

8. tinkori macrumors member

Debating between the speck clear and the satin black .... any thoughts? Is the grip on the clear as good as the black one?

9. pingfan59 macrumors member

I recently got the Booq Vyper M3 case and it fits snug and I love it. I also have a Speck Satin See-thru hard-case that should be here Monday and I will post regarding my thoughts on it and test to see if my mbp with the speck fits into the Booq sleeve.

Although from reading around, if using the Speck case, you will want to take it off periodically and wipe it down due to dust and dirt getting in there and thus scratching between the case and your mbp just like an iPhone case.

----------

I will have the satin black in hand Monday and will post my thoughts on it.

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple went to great lengths to design a great looking machine. A little care and you won't have to cover it in some third party case.

11. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

No case because I carry it in my Timbuk2 bag. But I have a sleeve. The Tucano Second Skin sleeve. Its cheaper and built better than those other sleeve. And waterproof.

[​IMG]

12. randomrazr macrumors 65816

exactly i wanna keep this gorgous looking design loooking new.

----------

my speck seethru clear comes in on monday iil get back to you.

iil prob end up making a video on it same day, www.youtube.com/randomrazr

sub if you like :)

13. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

@randomrazr really ?? wow Its Aluminum though. In the photo I posted that's my 2006 Powerbook next to my MBP. They both look new. In fact when I take my MBP to the APple store, the Genius has to take a double take cause it looks exactly like the ones in the showroom. When I use it, I make sure it doesn't hit against anything. If I place on a table its underneath my Tucano second skin sleeve.

14. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

I too like the aluminum look - I don't want some snap-on plastic crap on my laptop when it's sitting on a desk. I do have a translucent thin stick-on layer only on the base to prevent the inevitable scratches from the bottom case. When moving about, here in a tropical country, I use the smallest Pelican case that will fit my 15". I can get stuck in the rain and just trow it in the back of my jeep when traveling without worry of dust, moisture, or damage. It's also great on the floor of an airplane. Just put your feet right on it without worry.

http://uscase.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=56

I recommend getting the pick-and-pluck foam to get a really nice fit.