Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So do you think he "did it"?

• Guilty! :eek:

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Not Guilty :eek: :eek:

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Undecided :confused:

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • lol, as if I care :p

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Well this wacky quote got me laughing and thinking others here will have some "good" stuff from this sideshow.

HOLLYWOOD (Reuters) - They really said it -- notable quotes from the news:

"They did this to Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. They're trying to do this to Michael. This is the way they bring him down. They don't want him to be powerful."

--SUSIE MUMPFIELD, 23, telling The Washington Post why she stands vigil outside the courthouse where MICHAEL JACKSON is being tried for child abuse.

:rolleyes:

edit: do not let this thread go political with your comments please.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Sounds like the mom making the accusation is as wierd as the accused. :cool:

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
I don't know whether Mike is guilty or not, I am not familiar with the case and that is for the courts to decide.

I do remember this quote (paraphrased) from him, at the beginning of all this - When asked why he was so f***ed up as to sleep with little boys, he turned around and said " I just happen to like to sleep in the same bed as these boys, it is you who insist on making it seem like something f***ked up is going on - shame on you."

Pretty good answer, if you ask me...

craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown
The end of the world is neigh, part 347

E! is collaborating with a "British TV partner to re-enact the day's proceedings using impersonators and actors.

The man about to become America's most-watched Michael Jackson impersonator grew up scared of the legend...

And finally Monday, wearing the garish white makeup that has been his second skin for nearly a decade, 27-year-old Edward Moss was sitting at the defense table in a Mid-Wilshire television studio that had been converted into a mock courtroom. In the subculture of Michael Jackson impersonators, this was the role of a lifetime: playing Michael in E! Entertainment Television's nightly half-hour reenactment of the Jackson child-molestation trial.
LA Times article (registration required).

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
and he doesn't even have to go out and buy his own jazz mags :eek: :p that's when you know you've made it ;) :p :p

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I don't see Michael as being all that powerful. He has no effect on my life. I feel sorry for him, a very sad situation all around. This this case all are losers. I feel bad for the jurors also, can't imagine doing this for six months.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
wdlove said:
I don't see Michael as being all that powerful. He has no effect on my life. I feel sorry for him, a very sad situation all around. This this case all are losers. I feel bad for the jurors also, can't imagine doing this for six months.

One great big DITTO!

EDIT: edesignuk has greatfully planted an idea and is constructing it now! Coming soon............. the is he guilty poll!!!!! Thankyou Mr. Edesignuk!

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
virividox said:
this is sad, i feel bad for him. guilty or not hes had a pretty rough time these past 2 decades...lets just hope justice is served and whatever happens they let him serve his time peacefully (if hes guilty) or leave him alone if hes acquitted
That's the problem - noone will ever leave him alone. I have mixed views on the case. Something about him (not the face,voice etc) makes me think he's guilty. And then something about the mother makes me think she's out for a quick buck. Whatever happens there will be more of these against him. How many has he settled out of court so far? Too many people will see him as a get rich quick vehicle. I feel sorry for Jacko - such a great talent thats been wasted over the years.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I voted undecided. Have to be honest, don't know all the facts. My prayer is that all the fact will be given into evidence. Somehow the jurors can be objective and deliver the proper verdict.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
Who cares?

Michael Jackson is a freak plain and simple. Why should we, the man and women who actually work for survival care about someone like him. It has gotten to the point that celebrity status is like the nobles of hundreds of years ago. Those kind of people are clueless to what life is. They think money can buy anything, wrong. Look at him, a lonely boy surrounded by acres of toys. He probably could not hold a conversion with an adult. Feel sad, nope. Just to be fair, his accuser sounds like a loser, too. As far guilt or not, hopefully guilty. That way the main stream media will have something to do. Since they don't bother reporting any news. Had to throw that in, can't stand Network TV news and newspapers.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Michael jackson should be castrated cause he is a paedophile and should be victim to capital punishment.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
gangst said:
Michael jackson should be castrated cause he is a paedophile

Legally, that isn't a fact as of yet. Even though the evidence I've heard does skew towards that, in this country a person is innocent until proven guilty.

gangst said:
and should be victim to capital punishment.

Why would you say that? Don't get me wrong, if he did do these things to these children, then that is sick and wrong. But I don't think it is so horrible enough that is deserves capital punishment. He didn't kill anyone. If he is convicted of the charges against him, prison time is appropiate, but not life in prison or the death penalty.

In my view, I'm not sure what to think. I am hoping he is innocent. But if he is not, then he much be punished.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
There are more important things/people in this world to take care about, of course it's sad that such things happen to kids (if happened, I don't know), but if it did, because of being a public symbol he should receive the worst punishment the court can give...

iMacs next tuesday? :D

(I couldn't resist, didn't say PB because it was just updated) ;)

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
He did that sh-t!

He'll get off though. But, imagine if he was convicted and was in prison: NO make-up, NO hair treatments... :eek:

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
I actually feel sorry for the guy. My gut feeling is he's guilty of being naïve, and probably little else.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
as much as i hate Michael Jackson as a human being, as well as his music, and as much as i like joking about this whole situation; i don't think he did it.

its just some money grabbing bums trying to get some money because they either have mental problems or just dont want to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.